5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice and hides smell
Published on September 30, 2008 by W. R. Dieter

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the trash can - don't buy the liners they recommend!!!
The liners that Amazon recommends for this can DO NOT FIT!!! How frustrating since I specifically bought the can with THEIR liners so that the would be sleek and not show the bags. I contacted the company and you need LINERS 'R' for this can - which Amazon doesn't sell. Go to Bed Bath and Beyond to purchase them. Again, love the can - fits in the small space between my...
Published 20 months ago by mary elizabeth landsness

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice and hides smell, September 30, 2008
This review is from: simplehuman Profile Step Trash Can, Brushed Stainless Steel, 10 Liters / 2.6 Gallons (Kitchen)
Though somewhat more expensive than other trash cans, this one is worth the extra cost. It has hooks that hold old grocery store bags in place so the liner never sags. We use the can to hold used cat litter and cat waste. The lid seals well enough that the smell does not escape the can as long as the lid is closed. If I were buying another trash can, this model would be at the top of the list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bathroom trashcan, November 25, 2009
I love simplehuman products. I have 3 of their trashcans (this one included), their plastic bag recycling doohickey and the amazing bamboo/steel dishrack.

I had some pathetic trashcan in my bathroom that I got at Target cause it was cheap and every time I pressed the pedal, it banged into my toilet and was just a PITA.

I was wandering the aisles of Bed, Bath and Beyond one day and then I saw this narrow miracle. It is absolutely the perfect size for the bathroom, uses plastic grocery bags (which I store in the other aforementioned Simplehuman product) and looks fantastic always (thanks to the Simplehuman fingerprint-proof coating).

If you also have a small bathroom (damn Los Angeles real estate), this is the perfect trashcan and built with the same quality typical of all Simplehuman products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the little doggies out, May 25, 2011
I'm a sucker for thoughtful design. The functionality of this little guy is really well-designed, even if the outward appearance is only so-so.

PROS
The rectangular design is a huge space saver and I can fit it next to any wall, cabinet, desk, whatever.
The little handles on the inside of the black insert that hold the plastic bag in place (any standard-sized grocery bag) to keep it from falling down when you toss heavy objects in.
The step mechanism works smoothly and doesn't feel cheap.
The lid has a little lip that makes manually opening it with your hand easy.
Brushed metal material minimizes gross markings.
Keeps small animals from getting in or knocking it over. Can't say for larger ones.

CONS
Wish the lid matched the body, but really that's all I can say.

If you have kids or small animals, I highly recommend this! My little dog used to pull kleenex and all sorts of items out of our trash cans, and I haven't had to deal with that once since I bought these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great diaper pale, December 8, 2010
This step can works great for 2 reasons. 1st the lid makes an air tight seal, no smelly diaper odors unless you open it :) 2nd the removable inner bucket serves as a re-usable liner which you can clean and put back with each use. When it comes time to toss the diapers, I remove the bucket, toss the contents, hose down the inside of the bucket, spray it with dis-infectant cleaner, and let it air dry in the can with the lid open. This way its good to go next time we need it.

One drawback is the size, I wish the step can held more, but unfortunately this was the largest can with an inner bucket I could fine. As it is, I empty our buckets once very 2 weeks or so.

I highly recommend using the profile step cans with the air tight seals and inner bucket liner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great diaper pail!, December 25, 2011
We decided this was modern and cute for our nursery as well as our changing station downstairs. It fits small plastic grocery bags perfectly so we can recycle all of our Walmart, Target and grocery bags with no need to buy custom garbage bags for this cute garbage can. It closes completely, so despite a garbage can full of dirty diapers, it locks in the smell without the aid of any supplemental odor killers, etc. We liked it so much we bought too. Diaper pails are a waste of money - and such a scam because you have to buy replacement bags, etc. Just go with a simple human trash can and you won't regret it. Plus, it looks more modern and you can always use it later in the office or your bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Diaper Pail, September 27, 2011
We bought this for the nursery. It holds a lot of diapers and contains the smell 100%. I love that it fits grocery bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Bathroom & Cat litter Cleanup!, June 15, 2011
I've owned this trash can now for about a year. I originally purchased it from Bed Bath & Beyond because I was able to use my 20% off coupon on this. They also had it priced at $29.99. I decided to purchase it because of the great reviews on Amazon. I originally bought it for my bathroom but soon was moved next to the cat box. I love that this garbage can uses regular plastic grocery bags and it has special holders to keep the bag from ever falling in. I like that this can has a foot lever to open and the lid keeps the smell in and the dogs out! It's a great product and I highly recommend! I will be purchasing another one soon for my bathroom! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice-looking, but the lid is lightweight, November 9, 2011
A nice looking small steel trashcan, much cheaper than the all-stainless models.

I got this trashcan to try to contain the smell of used cat-litter. Turns out the lid closes tightly enough to serve that purpose (contain smells), but plastic lid is too lightweight to close all the way on its own-- it sits "almost" closed and needs tap on the top to actually close tightly. I inspected several of these trashcans at a local store, and found they all closed that same way (so it's not a problem with just mine).

The lid also will not stay up unless your foot is on the pedal. Most foot-operated trashcans will "lock" in place, which would be useful during litter scooping.

Disposable plastic grocery bags mostly fit as liners. The handle loops on the bags keep the bag from falling in, although the bags from Giant (Washington DC area chain) barely fit, and smaller bags from Safeway and Petsmart do not fit at all. Bags from Target (which are larger than the average grocery store bag) seem to fit better.

It's a decent trashcan, although the lid could be better designed. The smaller capacity and rectangular shape don't lend themselves to kitchen usage, but for other places in the house this is nice-looking, relatively inexpensive, and disposable grocery bags provide cheap liners. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Three Years Later and Still Going Strong, August 20, 2013
We've had this trash can for almost three years now, and it's pretty great. We use it next to our change table as a diaper pail, and as long as it's closed it keeps the smell in. You can use old grocery sacks, and the liner has convenient tabs on the side to hold the handles in place. I like the removable liner because it makes it easy to clean. Despite heavy use, this trash can still looks and works great. And now that we have a house with two floors, I'm going to buy another one for downstairs. It is a little pricey, but you can usually find a BB&B coupon for 20% off.

My only caution with this product is that I have, on occasion, gotten my bare foot pinched in the pedal mechanism when lifting my foot back up after opening the can. But it was my fault for stepping my foot too far forward on the pedal. Keep your foot back towards the edge of the pedal and it isn't a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great diaper pail, January 13, 2013
E. Ellis (Jacksonville, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This bin is small, so it sits right next to our changing table. It is the perfect diaper pail! We use grocery store bags in it, which makes things simple. The lid closes tightly to keep in the smell. This is cheaper than most diaper pails, and I am pleased with this purchase. I would really recommend it!

Rate and Discover Movies