Customer Discussions > The Sims Freeplay forum

sims freeplay updates

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2012 5:35:49 PM PDT
Mary P. Hay says:
why cant we get the new Halloween update on our Kindle Fires? It has been out on apple and android for at least a week and Halloween is wed. It would be great to catch ghosts instead of the little screen on the ipod. thanks. i love the game otherwise.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 2:57:29 PM PDT
Mirage says:
I was wondering about that. Would be nice to be able to participate in this update.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 3:18:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 8:29:10 AM PST
I am unable to play the Christmas update either. The Halloween update took a long time to download and didn't work either it may be a lack of real instructions for installing the updates. The update began working Wed. It may be a case of hype before actual play.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 6:52:08 AM PST
C. Lentz says:
my kindle fire continues to lock up at the first update screen making me uninstall & reinstall. any clue on how to get this fixed?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 1:50:26 PM PST
Mary Lindsey says:
I read somewhere that you can go into your application settings and choose "force stop", then when you open it again it should load normally. This is what I've been doing and it has worked for me so far. Now if I could just get EA's Need For Speed advert to close, I''ll be all set. *sigh*

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 1:36:37 PM PDT
funZ1234 says:
I have a kindle fire and I keep hearing about the beach properties and how you can have pools and an upstairs now and that would be really awesome but how do I get it!!!!!!???????

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 9:33:52 AM PDT
How do you update the Sims?

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 8:26:47 PM PDT
bloodedge says:
How do you update the sims on the kindle fire HD please help me

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 3:18:34 PM PDT
I saved my game to the cloud then uninstalled the app. Then I went into apps and reinstalled it. That kicked my beach property and movie studio update into high gear. Hope this helps.

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 8:50:50 PM PDT
Dax C. Lewis says:
My Sims Freeplay wont even update!! I don't have the new 'wood working' like everyone else. Can someone please help, it is very frustrating!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2013 6:32:49 PM PDT
B. Coy says:
The update isn't ready yet for the Kindle Fire. I've emailed both EA and Amazon about this and it turns out it's Amazon's fault. They say they need to test it thoroughly to ensure it will work as it is supposed to, and also to make sure that the new updates don't compromise security. Why it takes MONTHS longer than ANYONE else, I have no idea.

It seems to be a pattern with Amazon. I decided to just put the game on my phone and retire my slow kindle and it's ball-and-chain Amazon Marketplace. Good riddance!

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2013 6:36:43 PM PDT
B. Coy says:
Most of the games are set by default to automatically update. You can, however check manually if there are any updates by clicking on the Apps at the top of the screen, then Store. When you get to the store, click the menu button on the bottom of your kindle and it will bring up the sub-menu. The far left button says App Updates, or something similar, click on it and it will take you to the updates menu. It will say whether or not you have an update there.

Hope that helps!

Posted on May 5, 2013 5:50:17 AM PDT
D. Lewis says:
I suggest that you go to settings, then go to device, then where it says "allow other application" press "on". Then go and Google 1mobile market. Download that appstore. It is the best! It has every app that you can think of, and its safe. No viruses or anything. It's legit too. And best of all, it has the free play update! Almost everything is free, and if it's not free it's $.99 or less. Here is the link so you can download it: http://1mobilemarket.en.softonic.com/android

Posted on May 5, 2013 6:54:22 PM PDT
Audrey Brice says:
I have both the Kindle Fire HD and the IPad and I have had the new update on my IPad for awhile but I'm wondering when I can get it for the Kindle Fire. I find the kindle fire stupid because it only seems to work for reading. I'm tempted to buy a Nook but I'm afraid of what I might find out. I wasted money on a Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2013 5:50:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2013 5:50:52 AM PDT
J. Dreesen says:
thank you, B.Coy! i kept thinking the app would surely auto-update, but after a couple of ads came across saying "now available!" and i wasn't seeing any of the updates within my game, i came here to search. your directions were spot-on for 2nd gen Kindle.

yay!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2013 6:43:34 AM PDT
Esmie Brown says:
thank you so very much B.Coy..i got it..u r the best..keep it up:-) i start getting frustrated...but there it was just as u directed..

Posted on Oct 12, 2013 7:30:50 PM PDT
gary says:
I have to say a hearty Thank you to B.Coy! As Esmie Brown and J.Dresden said it works!

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 2:28:04 AM PDT
Margaret says:
i have no updates for my kindle fire hd for new island

pizzaro

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 9:21:11 PM PDT
akwiggy says:
Did anyone else loose some people options with the update, missing half the clothing and hair options I used to have wth

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2013 12:50:41 PM PDT
Joe Bernhard says:
I have lost inventory items , progress on games ( was on level 15 til update then took me back to 9!) and simoleons and lifestyle points Im am abt fed up with game I had previously installed and played also and when it updated, It locked me out completely saying the update required more updates and wouldn't update any further after days! I then wound up having to uninstall and reinstall starting over! ( and I had completely built my town and had all homes sims etc.!) So when I reinstalled I actually bought 2 pkgs of simeleons and lifestyle points to get started at 14.99 each and then the updates pretty much ate that all up!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2014 1:35:18 PM PDT
My kindle fire says that I can not play the game and download content until I have a network connection, even though I am connected to the internet.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2014 2:42:43 PM PDT
Cassandra says:
I am having the same problem. Glad to know I am not the only one having problems. But it totally sucks

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 4:53:15 AM PDT
Recently my SIM game either won't load or when it does its reset, sims aren't at Work or doing any other task. I can take up to ten tries before it loads and many times it will boot me out when I change from house to house. Any ideas what's going on?

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 6:52:52 PM PST
Logan Finn says:
When will the sims free play be available on the Fire HD 7? This is driving me crazy not having it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2014 1:08:23 PM PST
Kayla says:
I'd like to know the answer to this also.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Sims Freeplay forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 20, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Sims Freeplay
The Sims Freeplay by Electronic Arts Inc.
4.3 out of 5 stars   (17,283)