Can scans of slides be saved to a computer , to a connected USB flash drive or to any other device?
[UPDATED] asked by Barbara Pennella on December 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Scans can be saved to computer storage (hard drive, flash drive, etc.). The scan process allows you to specify the file type (JPG, PDF, TIFF) and when scanning is completed the printer will send the image to the computer you choose. Once on your computer you can copy/move the file to the location of your choice. I have not used this unit to scan slides but it does scan pictures very well.
CCTX answered on December 23, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have scanned negatives and slides and stored them on my computer. From there you can drop them on a flash drive or other external storage device.
J. Claypool answered on December 23, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
From the user manual:
"This machine supports 35 mm negative and positive film strips (standard state of developed film, with six frames in each strip) as well as 35 mm mounted positive slides (one frame per mounted slide).

Up to six film strip frames or four mounted slide frames can be scanned continuously."

You can save to a computer, and possibly the USB drive.
Amazon Customer answered on December 23, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes indeed! When you press scan on the control panel, one of the options is to save or forward to a pc or usb flash drive. Works great!
Chris Rippee answered on December 24, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes you can. Once scanned you can do whatever you need w the digital file. We found this printer to be very easy to set up and to use. It is the best value for your money. The print quality is very professional. Although it does not have a fax it more than makes up for the lack of it in quality and ease of use.
ToniV answered on December 26, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It has the ability to select what it is your trying to scan; JPEG, DOC, photo,etc. but I did have issues with scan feature and driver use for the scan option. I'm currently waiting for Canon tech support as my scan feature doesn't even work even though the application is clearly on my PC.
Steven M Couillard answered on December 23, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i have never done it, but I believe that you can save to your computer.
Robert Gardner answered on December 23, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm not a professional photographer but I would think not. The slide image size against the white background of the scanner cover is just too small an image to allow for decent information to be digitized. You could however, at some expense have a positive print (3x5 or more) made from the slide and scan that photo in the usual way or have them create the digital file with their specialized equipment. Pros and camera shops should be able to steer you in the right direction.
Robert Hills answered on December 23, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product