Would like to take snorkeling at Maui, think its got a chance at coming back usable?
asked by S.B. on August 15, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
votes
That's exactly what I did and it worked like a champ and is still working great. One tip...make sure and rinse the camera well after having it in salt water. I also would flip open the two side doors while not in use to keep the locking mechanisms on each side of the camera from sticking like so many people described in other reviews. I didn't have any trouble the whole time I was in Maui.
Valiant answered on November 18, 2012

A
votes
Another useful tip is to keep a small silcone packet or two in your camera case (like the ones that come in shoe boxes etc) this will help reduce residual moisture after returning the camera to the case.
Tina answered on November 30, 2012

A
votes
I doubt it; the water resistance is only good to 9 feet and keep in mind they use the word resistance not proof. I'm guessing the duration of water exposure is a factor also.
G. Tishler answered on January 5, 2013

A
votes
Do this at you own risk !!!! (it worked for me and avoided me from using a screw driver to damage the camera latches) - If the side latches lock up (I mean really Lock up) due to salt water, I used a 50/50 Water\White Vinegar mix and let the camera soak in it for about an hour. After that, the latches opened up like a champ. I wouldn't suggest doing this too many times - just remember to lubricate the latches when you get the chance.
Completely Satisfied answered on May 19, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›