How is this software different from Quicken Deluxe 2013?
asked by Dan Kite on January 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I found both programs hard to decipher compared to the money program I used in the past. Very hard to correct any figures previously entered and in general the entire program is hard to stumble through. With lots of mis-steps, I'm finally in the process of gaining ground, but this program is not all that user friendly fpr me, that's for sure.
J.C. Stephens answered on January 5, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Starter is for FIRST TIME USER. One can not have an investment account. I am having a difficult time adjusting to the latest version of quicken.
Amazon Customer answered on January 2, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Starter Edition is not compatible with ANY previous version of Quicken, meaning you cannot convert previous Qicken data. So unless you are starting from scratch this is not what you want.
D. Wilson answered on January 2, 2013

A
Price, incompatable data formats, and Deluxe can follow rental properties, certain tax advantages are available with Deluxe, and the worst of all differences, you have to start the Basic version from scratch because of the data incompatabilities. If there was an alternative to Quicken, I would use it.
MICHEHL R GENT answered on January 3, 2013

A
The Starter Edition only allows bank accounts, not 401(k)s, IRAs and the like. They only allow banks, not investment companies like Fidelity or Vanguard. Therefore, you won't get a complete picture of your finances.
Paper or Kindle answered on January 2, 2013
Comments (3) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product