Customer Discussions > Julie & Julia [Blu-ray] forum

Can someone answer me this? (SPOILER ALERT)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 4, 2010 4:17:33 PM PDT
Dave Barton says:
Towards the end, when Julie is told that Julia didn't like what Julie was doing (Julie says "Julia hates me!"), I never saw any resolution to it. We're left believing Julia really doesn't give a crap about Julie & her dedication to Julia.

I would have expected after all the hyping throughout the movie about Julia's enormous impact & success, that it would have been revealed that it was one of Julia's P.R. people who made the statement & that Julia herself was completely unaware...similar to the Jane Goodall / Gary Larson incident.

Was a scene of resolution deleted (I watched it on ppv, not a dvd), or were we supposed to think that after Julia's lifetime of hard work, she had become a snob?

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 11:50:55 PM PDT
Justin says:
I'm sure you've found an answer to this by now but no, Julia, in real life, actually did not approve of what Julie was doing. She felt she was very vulgar in her blog (which she was. Julie, in real life, is quite different from the sweet yet mixed up girl in the movie) and trying to use her as a way to get famous...she simply didn't want to be associated with that. Also, the scene where Judith Jones was supposed to come to dinner and cancelled on Julie...Julia had something to do with that. She didn't want her to interact with her. So basically, what you saw in the movie was true...they just didn't build it up a lot because it probably would have changed the tone of it. I agree that they could have handled it a bit better though...maybe made things a bit more clear.

So, like she actually did, Julie moved on knowing that Julia never really understood what she was doing and she kept the impression of Julia that she'd made up in her head.

I hope this helps! :)

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 2:29:37 AM PDT
Dave Barton says:
Nope, I never did find an answer, so I appreciate you posting it for me. Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Apr 4, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions