someone help==what is it going to be about?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2011 9:33:39 AM PST
i love kresley cole and have read all of her IMD books; will this be romance or pure fantasy? i want to know what it's about!

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 9:18:24 AM PST
Sheena says:
This will probably be about the realm of Daci, where Lothaire's mother is from. It's a vampire realm. So definitely fantasy....not sure if there will be romance...but since it's Kresley, so it must be!

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 8:46:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2011 8:47:03 AM PST
Sheena says:
I got this from Simon and Schuster's website:

--#1 New York Times bestseller Kresley Cole introduces The Dacians: Realm of Blood and Mist, a brand new paranormal romance collection following the royal bloodline of Dacia, a mysterious vampire kingdom within The Lore (Cole's world of mythological creatures in her award-winning Immortals After Dark series). Series opener Shadow's Claim features Prince Trehan Daciano, a ruthless master assassin who will use every lethal skill he possesses to defend his imperiled kingdom-as well as his newfound princess. When an ancient secret threatens to destroy them all, can Dacia's notorious prince of shadows keep his Bride alive against all odds?--

Lothaire's relative?

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 9:23:19 PM PST
Karen Stone says:
thank you so much sheena :)...god i wish i could know who the heroine is

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 1:25:09 PM PST
Sheena says:
:)

Guess we'll get more info as it gets closer to the release.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 4:31:34 AM PST
This might be a long shot, but I think the "bride" in this story might be NIX. Trehan's been blooded, but it doesn't say for how long and NIX has visited before Lothaire was King adding to this Lothaire said NIX needed a man who would protect her (what better than an assassin?) and she goes missing.Also, I find it kind of odd that there is no female description from S&S or under the info, but this might just be me wanting NIX to finally have HEA.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 9:15:01 AM PST
Sheena says:
This is a spinoff series; it seems unlikely that this will be Nix's book.

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 12:28:35 PM PST
Sheena says:
Trehan. Isn't he the one that is already blooded but doesn't have a female? Interesting. :)

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 2:00:18 PM PST
Emmy Lou says:
So how many books will be in the Dacian world? I would assume Lothaire is going to make several appearances since he is the king!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 7:53:01 PM PST
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved them all in Lothair's book, and I can't wait to see more of Lothair and Elizabeth in this book as well. Lothair mentioned 5 cousins - and a sith one they did not think he knew about. so that is at least six books in this new sub-series. :)

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 1:59:20 PM PST
Sheena says:
We don't know if the series will be about the "royal family". But, that will be nice if it is. I would like to know more about Stelian.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 8:53:29 PM PDT
From Cole's facebook:

Hi folks, lots of news today...
First off, the phenomenal cover for POISON PRINCESS (Book 1 in the Arcana Chronicles) will be revealed soon, along with an excerpt! Details on exactly when and where to follow.

Secondly, we have a good news/bad news situation. Bad news: SHADOW'S CLAIM is moving from September to November. I appreciate your patience! Good news? For those of you wishing there'd be two Immortals After Dark installments per year, you get your wish. SHADOW'S CLAIM is, in essence, an IAD book, just one in a shiny new subseries, featuring hot Dacian vampires. You'll see a lot of your favorite characters and the overarching storyline of the IAD continues!

So I'm absolutely salivating to write about a certain type of Lore creature--can anyone guess which kind it is? Or who it might be?

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 1:19:13 PM PDT
Awesome!!!! Who are the villain guardians???? Sounds so cool!

Fall 2012
#1 New York Times bestseller Kresley Cole introduces The Dacians, a new paranormal romance collection following the royal bloodline of Dacia, a vampire kingdom hidden within the Lore of the Immortals After Dark.
Shadow's Claim features Prince Trehan, a ruthless master assassin who will do anything to possess Bettina, his beautiful Sorceress mate, even compete for her hand in a blood-sport tournament-to the death.
HE WON'T BE DENIED
Trehan Daciano, known as the Prince of Shadows, has spent his life serving his people, striking in the night, quietly executing any threat to their realm. The coldly disciplined swordsman has never desired anything for himself-until he beholds Bettina, the sheltered ward of two of the Lore's most fearsome villains.
SHE'S BOUND TO ANOTHER
Desperate to earn her guardians' approval after a life-shattering mistake, young Bettina has no choice but to marry whichever suitor prevails-even though she's lost her heart to another. Yet one lethal competitor, a mysterious cloaked swordsman, invades her dreams, tempting her with forbidden pleasure.
A BATTLE FOR HER BODY AND SOUL
Even if Trehan can survive the punishing contests to claim her as his wife, the true battle for Bettina's heart is yet to come. And unleashing a millennium's worth of savage need will either frighten his Bride away-or stoke Bettina's own desires to a fever-pitch....

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 11:13:04 PM PDT
Laura says:
Hi all, if you're not reading the Lords of the Underworld series, start. The authors seem to be close friends. The LOTU fight a group called "The Order." (sound familiar). Nix makes a brief cameo in the first of that series. I think these two books will eventually come together and I think that's how Nix will get her love story. It is also another great paranormal romance series.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 12:05:05 PM PDT
Sheena says:
I can't figure out who the "Lore's most fearsome villains" are.

I think they might be Sorceri, but KC has already written about them. So, it can't be. Vampires? I don't think its them, either. Furies? I'm not sure if they're villains. Maybe Fey? Again, I'm not sure if they're villains.

Any ideas??

Posted on May 12, 2012 8:56:23 AM PDT
Sheena says:
So, the "Lore's most fearsome villains" are definitely the Sorceri. We get to meet Morgaine in this book. (:

Posted on May 12, 2012 5:41:19 PM PDT
From KC's facebook:

Here it is, folks, the cover for SHADOW'S CLAIM! (11.27.12) I hope you love it as much as I do! [Below, I've got some more scoop on Trehan's story and The Dacians Series in general] Background on the image: I put in a few cover requests for this one. I wanted to have the hero looking like he'd just returned from punishing the heroine's enemies, basically a "you mess with her, you'll see a man get mean" scenario. I requested mud on his grim face, a menacing stare that says "you're next," stuff exploding in the background, clothes all ripped up. And the art department delivered! That, my friends, is Trehan Cristian Daciano to a T!
Background on the book: Trehan (the master assassin from LOTHAIRE) enters a blood-sport tournament for the hand of Princess Bettina (his halfling mate). I wanted to depict a hero who desires his heroine so much, he's eager to run into the fray for her, to spit blood with a grin on his face--because with every blow he takes and gives, he's one step closer to claiming her (of course, Bettina has a mind of her own, and things don't go exactly as planned for poor Trehan).
The Dacians Series is a sub-series of the continuing Immortals After Dark, with a focus on the royal Daciano family of vampires. The new books will drive forward the overarching Lore plot and will feature IAD characters--some that we know and love, some we've heard about in passing (for instance, Morgana, Queen of the Sorceri, is one of Bettina's guardians!)
I hope you enjoy! :)

Also, LOTU will not be combining with IAD- different publishers. They just mention each other's books and characters because they are close. :)

Posted on May 19, 2012 1:39:54 PM PDT
mrs thj says:
Oh well since ive 'finally' read Lothaire i cant wait for this new series!! Im very much intrigued by all of the Dacian's we've met so far. And it'll be cool to see Lothaire and Elizabeth every now and then.

I gotta say, im thankful that the LOTU and IAD will not be combining. I know im in the minority here, but for some reason i dont really love the LOTU books.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 10:19:38 AM PDT
Ksinde says:
So this is a spin-off series BUT the IAD series is still going to have new books? I hope so bc I love that series. Wonder when the next IAD book will be released?!?

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 4:52:26 PM PDT
Christina H. says:
according to kresleys site there is a 3 chapter excerpt in back of lothaires ebook except for kindle readers :c anyone know where i could read this? i really dont want to have to buy another copy of lothaire just to read the excerpt

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 3:11:20 PM PDT
E. Raye says:
website kresleycole.com says that SHADOW'S CLAIM is the 13th installment in the Immortals After Dark series...this has me confused. So this is NOT a spin-off series after all? And I haven't read LOTHAIRE yet and would like to know if Lanthe, Queen of Persuasion gets more page time in it? I would really like to see more of her story. Thanks, if anyone can clear this up for me.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 9:41:49 PM PDT
No Lanthe in Lothaire. I think she has taken a spot way on the back burner since Uilliam is next in Feb. I am pretty sure that Shadow's Claim was meant to be a spin-off but then it started having a lot of ties to the IAD world so it is being lumped in. You should definitely read Lothaire before you get this next book as it was the lead in to this particular world.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 8:11:33 AM PDT
E. Raye says:
Thanks, Jaid, for clearing that up for me. I just got involved in the IAD series, read them all in order and just finished DREAMS OF A DARK WARRIOR. Now I need to go pick up LOTHAIRE. Disappointed to hear there will be no Lanthe though.

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 4:23:11 PM PDT
S. Brown says:
I just read the annoucement about Uilliam's story being released in May 2013. Such a long wait, so I hope it's a good read. I love the Lycans and want to find out more about their culture. I felt as though there was some conflicting information about the Lycans from Lachlain's and Bowen's books and I want that cleared up.

lol...I succubmed to temptation and bought Lothaire in paperback so I could read the excerpt at the end. It's doesn't appear to be a full 3 chapters, but it has what I assume to be bits and pieces of all three. I'm not super excited after reading the excerpt. I just hope Cole includes Lothaire and Elizabeth. I love those two and would love to see how they are doing.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:02:22 AM PST
Sheena says:
So, time for some speculation...

I think we'll see Lanthe and her Vrekener.. Just reading the excerpt from her website and there's mention of the Vrekeners in the Glossary. (:
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark)
Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark) by Kresley Cole (Mass Market Paperback - November 27, 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (489)