The songlist for the soundtrack is out...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2010 8:08:05 PM PDT
Here's the order of them:

1. Welcome to Burlesque - Cher
2. Something's Got a Hold on Me - Christina Aguilera
3. Tough Lover - Christina Aguilera
4. Long John Blues - Kristen Bell
5. Diamonds - Christina Aguilera
6. You Haven't Seen the Last of Me - Cher
7. Express - Christina Aguilera
8. But I'm a Good Girl - Christina Aguilera
9. A Guy Who Takes His Time - Christina Aguilera
10. Bound to You - Christina Aguilera
11. That's Life - Alan Cumming
12. Spotlight - Christina Aguilera

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 7:14:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2010 7:15:46 AM PDT
A. Molina says:
The REAL track listing:
01 Something's Got A Hold On Me- Christina Aguilera
02 Welcome To Burlesque- Cher
03 Tough Lover- Christina Aguilera
04 But I Am A Good Girl- Christina Aguilera
05 Guy What Takes His Time- Christina Aguilera
06 Express- Christina Aguilera
07 You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me- Cher
08 Bound To You- Christina Aguilera
09 Show Me How You Burlesque- Christina Aguilera
10 The Beautiful People (from Burlesque)- Christina Aguilera

Source: http://www.christinaaguilera.com/us/news/burlesque-soundtrack-be-release-nov22nd

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 7:36:58 AM PST
Why would they decide to drop the other songs/performers? Wouldn't this be a film soundtrack, not just the Cher/Christina project? No incidental music or themes either? Did they really think the other tracks would kill this release, over the 2 more-known artists?
I wonder if an import from another country has a more loaded cd offering?

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 7:44:47 AM PST
Yes, for $17.49, you can get the import from Amazon, and it has 12 tracks, not just 10, like the standard/general release cd!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 9:55:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2010 9:56:40 AM PST
Shaun Tuazon says:
I'm pretty sure the import has the same tracks. the description says "8 new recordings by Christina Aguilera, INCLUDING 4 brand new songs ... PLUS 4 remakes of classic songs" that is 4 + 4 = 8 AND "2 brand new tracks performed by CHER" and that is 8 + 2 = 10.
the key word is "including" so those 4 and 4 tracks are included in the "8 new recordings".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 12:30:37 AM PST
Hedgehog says:
Ya know, this is really a rip off! I went to see the film and the recording quality was excellent. I believe most it was lip-sinked so I was excited to think that the fidelity and choice of tracks would be closer to 18 than a mere 10!

So now we have to guess as to whether the import also has 10 tracks?!

My prediction is that there will be a supplemental verision released in a couple of months and then getting everybody mad again, who invested in the original soundtrack release.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 5:01:06 AM PST
From what I see. BOTH US & IMPORT CD BOTH have the same 10 songs! The import is a ripoff!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 8:45:40 AM PST
Shaun Tuazon says:
Nowhere does it say that there are more than 10 songs on the import. You just have to read the description and it tells you.
It would be dumb to include the songs previously reported on here by Kristen Bell since her song was lip-synched to the original version, which can already be downloaded elsewhere.
So the only songs from the movie that aren't on the soundtrack are the SHORT snippet of "Diamonds" and Alan Cumming's song, which we only saw/heard a little from the movie.
This soundtrack is great though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 7:13:11 PM PST
Hedgehog says:
But where is the song which is the first one that Christina sings in the movie? It starts out acapella. Maybe the song samples cut out the beginning. If you know which song I'm talkng about, which is the one she sings in the restaraunt before she leaves for Hollywood, please do tell.

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 10:29:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2010 10:29:59 PM PST
Shaun Tuazon says:
@Hedehog- That song is on the soundtrack. It's the Etta James cover, "Something's Got a Hold On Me."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 10:47:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2010 11:25:17 PM PST
Hedgehog says:
Thanks! They apparently cut off the beginning of the track on all the samples but that is the one where she auditions for Tess.
I'm talking about the song in the Iowa restaraunt. I don't believe it's here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 11:11:52 PM PST
Shaun Tuazon says:
well.. yeah... that's why it's called a sample. haha

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 11:13:52 PM PST
Hedgehog says:
Well, you'd think they could start at the beginning of the songs? They always have before! Ha! Ha!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2010 12:18:26 AM PST
I got it tonight! Scored it @ Silver Platters, and had enough points to score it for free! YES! It's great! Can't wait to score Cher's remix ballad when it comes out later this month!

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 6:30:28 PM PST
W.H. says:
ST,

I believe Dinah Washington sang the original version of "Long John Blues." I think I have it on one of her cds--is it the song in which she sings about "visiting" her dentist?

If so, is Washington's version the one the girl lip-sychs along to in "Burlesque?" It has been covered by a lot of people including Bette Midler on her album "Live At Last."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Burlesque - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Burlesque - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD - 2010)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (431)