Sony SLT-A65V 24.3 MP Translucent Mirror Digital SLR With 18-55mm Lens
Used & New from: $424.99
sony A65 I being looking for a digital SLR for a while and until today I was convince that i wanted a Canon T3I. After looking at the sony A65, the A65 seems to be a much better camera. any advice???
asked by Jose Corniel on September 30, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I have the same sentiment. This will be my first foray into digital SLR. I want one camera for nice photos and also for HD video. This sony was the only one I could find that has continuous autofocus in video mode so that's why I'm opting for it over the rebel.
Jeffrey R. Sowa answered on October 5, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The A65 is not an SLR, it is an SLT. LR-Lens Reflex LT-Translucent Lens
Mackenzie answered on January 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As a Canon Digital Rebel owner since the XT, I do have a small investment in Canon lenses/accessories-but not enough to stop me from jumping ship. I am following the the A65 with a keen eye. A feature comparison would indicate that this model is superior in a number of areas, notably the continuous autofocus and 10 fps (not to mention the higher megapixels). However, I am convinced that Canon will have an answer shortly (rumors say November). Canon may just steal Sony's fire on this with the recent A77 (and A65?) production delays due to flooding in Thailand. Assuming the delays DO affect the A65, how does Beach have this camera in stock?
Amazon Customer answered on October 24, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Check Bedford camera, I already got mine from there last week. The camera is solid.
T. Vierling answered on October 24, 2011

A
Thanks, T. And just like that, Beach is out of stock... I am going to hold out until next month to see what Canon has up its sleeve.
Amazon Customer answered on October 24, 2011

A
Thanks for the info on a potential new Canon with autofocus, DigitalHecht. I'll hold off as well to see what comes available. No rush, although I intend to purchase my first SLR in the next few months. The video autofocus is a must for me.
Jeffrey R. Sowa answered on October 25, 2011

A
This Canon November 3rd announcement looks to be a video-related one: http://www.photographybay.com/2011/09/15/major-canon-announcement-confirmed-for-nov-3/. Still I can't imagine Canon will sit around while people like ourselves are looking to jump ship. I will also wait for the initial reviews to roll in on the A65. Interesting (though not super technical) video comparison with the T3i here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XHmYz1POgE
Amazon Customer answered on October 25, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product