Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Third forum

sound on vinyl version

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2008 4:26:57 PM PDT
I just got the vunyl version of this amazing album and I noticed it has a lot of distortion- almost to the point where it is unlistenable in some parts without turning off one of the speakers (I played the CD on the same stereo and it doesn't have that problem...) I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this or if I have a defective copy. Thanks...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2008 8:35:57 PM PDT
I haven't heard the album in any form yet, so I don't know if any of the distortion is intentional or not, but I've heard mixed reviews on the quality of the US vinyl (Mercury, I think). I've heard of a few people complaining of their copy being warped, off center, etc., which could be the source of the distortion you hear.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2008 7:05:13 PM PDT
Mark says:
I would be very curious if you ever found a solution to this problem. Did you try changing your needles perhaps?

I haven't heard any issues with the US vinyl release until this post.

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 8:02:09 PM PDT
Ed Marchetti says:
I just bought the US vinyl of this excellent album and I myself noticed lots of crackles and pops on the records, which is of course not found on the digital versions. I'm assuming it is a problem with the pressing and not needles, dust, ect. as I cleaned everything very well before listening. Overall, it sounded great and had great clarity with minimal "distortion" but the crackling was there throughout. Could this be the same distortion you spoke of or something different?

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 8:16:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2009 8:18:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 8:17:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2009 8:17:29 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2013 2:16:16 PM PDT
Larry LaLush says:
One way to tell if your vinyl is clean & static free is to get a small piece of Styrofoam(packaging peanut/lightweight kind). If it sticks to the vinyl when the vinyl is vertical, it is not clean and static free. GrooveGlide works great for fixing this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Third forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2008
Latest post:  May 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions