Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2009 8:50:18 PM PST
I recently got the game and it's good. When I start the game it plays all the sound effects and music in the main menu. But when I start a game from the list, the sound, music, and sound effects just mutes itself. It's with every game inside this collection. I went to gamestop and they put my exact copy in their PS3 and the sound works. But when I go back home it's the same problem. No sound or music during gameplay. Can someone help me out?

Posted on Feb 13, 2009 8:07:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2009 8:11:34 AM PST
Amazon Buyer says:
Update your firmware on the internet. That should fix your problems most likely. If that doesn't work, you might want Sony to have a look at it, if under warranty or not. Call them first. Again, start with FIRMWARE. You can get the latest off the PS3 Sony Web page and download the file to an USB stick or just hook it up from your internet straight into console. Hope it works out for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2009 9:58:43 AM PST
I have the latest firmware for my ps3, I tried deleting the data but it still didn't work, and the worst part is that I tried the exact copy at my friend's house and it worked fine. He even has the same SKU (MGS4-80GB pack) as I do. It's gotta be my PS3. I will eventually contact Sony, but until I find a solution to this I'm stuck playing this game with no sound. Thanks for your commenting.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2009 1:15:15 PM PST
I had no sound probs!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2009 10:24:38 PM PST
I'm not surprised. I'm the only one who reported this problem so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2009 11:42:29 PM PST
i actually had a sound problen! on sonic 3 frist level act ii an the end with the ship with the bombs. it just all screw up. and some other minnor sounds but i guess what to expext for 40 something games on one disc. have u compain to sony.? i sure they will have a automatic update to fix it??

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2009 4:00:28 PM PST
Not yet but I will soon. Thanks

Posted on Feb 22, 2009 9:10:58 PM PST
kmitch82 says:
Try going into your system settings for sound and changing it from pcm to bitstream. I know I have to do that to mine when I play ps2 games to get sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 9:52:44 PM PST
I just tried but it's not working. I think I'm doing something wrong. Can you tell me exactly how to change it?

Posted on Feb 28, 2009 3:37:02 AM PST
kmitch82 says:
Sorry for some reason this option is actually in the video settings, just scroll down to "BD/DVD Audio Output Format" and change that to bitstream. If that doesn't help, I'm sorry I don't know what else to tell you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2009 11:32:49 AM PST
Yeah, it didn't work, but thanks anyway, I just decided to play music off of my hard drive.

Posted on Mar 9, 2009 6:13:59 AM PDT
Ivor Lee says:
I have the same sound problem......

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2009 9:29:27 AM PDT
My game actually works now. I'm not kidding. It just decided to work just now. There was no patch for it and I didn't change any settings. I didn't try to resolve the problem, it just worked. So it only works if you give up I suppose. I wish I could help you out, but I really don't know how it just repairs itself. May be it will do the same for you.

Posted on Mar 13, 2009 10:59:19 AM PDT
SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game actually plays the sound through the headset. So go to "Accessory Settings", then pick the audio device setting, and set the output to default. This will also make other people's voices you hear while playing online come out of the TV. It worked for me and should for you. So I'm glad this is all over. Now I can play my classics with sound!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2009 1:35:29 AM PDT
M. Azar says:
Hooray!

Posted on Mar 29, 2009 1:57:18 PM PDT
Ivor Lee says:
I'll try this

Posted on Mar 29, 2009 2:32:42 PM PDT
Ivor Lee says:
works thanks

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 4:30:37 PM PDT
Shawn Clark says:
wow thanks i had the same problem and it was that in accessory settings the bluetooth headset was connected as an audio device. thats BS in my eyes but thanks for figuring it out!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2009 3:58:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2009 3:59:26 PM PDT
B. Kelly says:
I'm having the same problem but I don't own a headest. There is no sound in any of the games, just the sound effects on the opening menu. I'm at a loss on how to fix this.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2009 8:46:41 PM PDT
Try the steps anyway and if that doesn't work come back here and tell me what is plugged in from the front of the PS3 (USB Ports), and I'll try to solve it.
1.Settings Category
2.Accessory Settings
3.Audio Device Settings
4.Output=System Default

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2009 10:01:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2009 10:50:28 PM PDT
B. Kelly says:
Thanks for your offer to help. My system is already set to the settings you've listed above. I don't have a headset since I never play online, and there is nothing plugged into any of the USB ports. I've never used them for anything other than to charge the controller.

Before I tried the game today I updated to 2.70, and I just realized that the key tones on my xmb no longer work even though they are turned on. This problem must have something to do with the damn update. I think I might have had my controller plugged in and charging during the update... I don't know if that matters or not.

My few other games (Oblivion, Dead Space, RE5) and movies work just fine but I'm dying to play Streets of Rage!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2009 9:43:47 PM PDT
Sorry I can't help, but I'd suggest going on Sony forums for this game or wait for a new update. Sorry again.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2009 3:09:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2009 3:10:20 AM PDT
B. Kelly says:
Sadly, I'm going to have to send this game back. After nearly a week of posting, there doesn't seem to be anyone who can tell me how to make it work.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 23, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - Playstation 3
Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection - Playstation 3 by Sega Of America, Inc. (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (315)