Masterbuilt 20010109 Butterball Professional Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $155.00
Used the fryer for the first time for southern fried chicken but the pieces were stuck to the basket, is there a tip for this not to happen?
asked by Amazon Customer on November 30, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
Try having the basket in the oil add your pieces of chicken with tongs direct into the oil as you add pause for a second then ease them in this is now you do it in restaurant grade friers
Eric Schwab answered on November 30, 2012

A
votes
Never tried this unit for "southern fried chicken", but when I do prepare that meal I always turn up the heat a minute before flipping the chicken. Otherwise it has a tendency to stick to the skillet. Might be easier to go back to a skillet for "southern fried" chicken.
Phillip J. Pisciotta answered on November 30, 2012

A
votes
I am not sure we had the same problem when we did chicken but not when we did a 20lb turkey. I would maybe suggest dropping the chicken in instead of placing it in the basket first. This is what we are going to try next time.
A. Lowe answered on November 30, 2012

A
votes
what type of oil did you use? and when you put chicken in was it COLD & dry or room temp and moist? Peanut or olive oil I find to work the best.
paym answered on November 30, 2012

A
votes
To prevent a turkey from sticking I coated the basket with oil before putting in the turkey to make sure there is a layer between the metal and the bird.
Jody Weinstein answered on November 30, 2012

A
votes
let the oil come up to temp before usually takes care of the problem. drop basket in oil so its not dry before placing food in basket.
rk11239us answered on December 1, 2012

A
votes
I had the same problem and am going to buy a wire-style basket to use for fried chicken instead of the basket that comes with it. I'm intrigued by one of the other answers suggesting to place the chicken into the oil with tongs for a minute before letting the chicken fall into the basket and might try that too.
Ryan Harvey answered on July 22, 2013

A
votes
I would not dip the turkey or chicken in hot oil without the basket. It would be dangerous. You can dip the basket in the hot oil first but I have never had this problem if you slowly lower the turkey in. Turkey should be at room temperature.
Keith answered on November 11, 2013

A
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2012 4:53:09 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›