Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
What speaker wire gauge is recommended for this system/ what gauge can this system go up to? I'm currently using 14-gauge wire is that too much?
asked by Jonathan on February 26, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
16 gauge is what is recommended below 80'. 14 is for > 80' or inside walls.
Big Dawg Buyer answered on February 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i think 14 is the biggest u can get im not really wire savy with wires but i bought 16 gauge loud enhanced real copper wires and they fit great if its 14 most likely it will fit. but with the 16 gauge loud enhanced copper wires there so loud! ive compared them with the thin wires it came with and there way better i max the volume at 20 because the neighbors will complain. but i think 16 gauge is recomended if u have 14 try it if not then buy 16 gauge . in the end i think 14 gauge will fit.
george answered on February 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't think there is a "max gage" if you go thicker wire (smaller number) then I imagine that there would be less resistance therefor better transmission of signal, but honestly the wire that comes with is seems fine to me, I would bet you'd have to be a real audiophile to be able to tell or use real sensitive equipment. 14 guage seems more than enough, I think it comes with ~18. I guess you could get wire that is too thick to fit the clips in the back of the system/speakers but in my estimate that is probably around 10 or thicker...
Jeff answered on February 26, 2013
Comments (3) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, 14 guage is good for the Onynko HT- S3500 speaker system . BUT THE SYSTEM COMES WITH ADEQUATE SPEAKER WIRE included, so unless you plan on using some speakers for a remote location, what comes in the box should be fine.
WILLY TECH answered on February 27, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hey Jonathan, Yes can use 14-gauge (I have 14). But I am using the speaker wire that came with the system. Yes the system does come with wire.

Cheers, David
David K. answered on February 26, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That is what I sent her to use and her adult son and daughter say it works great. Unfortunately, I am nearly 2,000 miles away from her so I am relying on others for this information...
Bruce R. Beasley answered on February 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product