Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Are the Sony SSF 5000 FS speakers compatable with the onkyo tx-8255 receiver?
asked by Philip Coulson on December 14, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
I don't know for sure, but i have two different types currently hooked up to it and they work fine. So i would think the Sony ones should be fine too.
zach answered on December 14, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This Onkyo will drive these speakers quite nicely. I have purchased two of these receivers from Amazon and I am quite pleased.
RONALD CARMOUCHE answered on December 14, 2012

A
The SSF 5000 speakers have a binding post terminal for speaker wire and should work fine with the Onkyo.
daytripper1 answered on December 14, 2012

A
Oh, heavens yes. I am running some very high end surrond sound speakers (6 + super woofer) and the sound is incredible. Your receive won't even work up a sweat driving those.
Damnitdonn answered on December 14, 2012

A
I'm using Sony SSF 7000 speakers with onkyo tx-8255 and Sony SSF 3000 (in my workshop) Both speaker sets are very compatible and sound awesome.
JR answered on December 14, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think they should work fine. They are 8 ohm, so they shouldn't put any more of a load on the Onkyo that your other speakers are putting on it. Good Luck!
W. Jackson answered on December 14, 2012

A
Speakers look like 150w max, receiver is 50w per channel. Standard 8 ohm.
Go for it!
E. Warkentine answered on December 14, 2012

A
Yes
J. EVANS answered on December 26, 2012

A
Yes they are ,and so are the Sony SSF-7000 speakers,which I have on mine,and they sound beautiful !
Boombox Baby answered on February 20, 2013

A
Try a set of Bic RTR 1530s on the Onkyo TX 8255 for a real experience ! I fed the output of the Onkyo TX 8255 to the input of a 100 watt per ch. Pioneer receiver with a Teac equalizer on it ! The audio that comes out of this setup will blow your head off ! If you are into loud music ,try this sort of hook up! You can use any receiver ,as long as it puts out more power than what is fed into it ! If you want to irritate the neighbors,this will definitely do it!
Boombox Baby answered on February 20, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product