split signal to 2 tvs? Can you use some type of splitter to connect this to 2 tvs? If so will it degrade picture/sound?
asked by Dean Kauffman on March 29, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Yes, an ordinary cable splitter like: RCA DH24SPR Two Way 2.4 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter should be fine. If you have a longer cable run, you may want something with a repeater in it to boost the signal. I've plugged in 2 TVs at a time this way with no problems at all.
Derek Paige answered on May 9, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I normally goto tvfool.com and use actual address, and it will tell me what channels to expect, with different types of antenna, either indoor or roof or ... It's prediction is very accurate. I will try different location with mohu, and have the tv re-scan and "re-save" the frequency every time. Took 1 hour to find the sweet spot, but well worth it.
netlander answered on May 23, 2012
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A complete Phillips amplified antenna we bought for even less than the price on Amazon does an excellent job on UHF and upper VHF when properly adjusted. Location and orientation are important for any design, but they're especially important for indoors mounting because of signal attenuation and multipath.

Philips SDV2740/27 HDTV/UHF/VHF/FM Digital Indoor TV Antenna

With amplifier at maximum level, it works almost as well through our Sony HDTV as Ruckman's DIY fractal design.

The Philips device is made in China, if that is one of your buying criteria.
OldAmazonian answered on March 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use a splitter with Leaf antenna, one to the actual TV and one goes to my mac hooked up to the TV to broadcast over my home network. There is no noticeable signal quality degradation that i notice but if you are super fixated on that aspect, you may notice a difference. If you're using an antenna though, you should expect a perfect signal anyways so... THe splitter i use is one i had laying around, the cable company installed it a few years ago to split the cable in my house and it works fine for this too. Obviously the split quality will depend on how strong the signal is when it reaches you.
Nurlip answered on March 10, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I live in a mountain area of Vermont. This paper thin antenna, did NOT work at all, not even one station came in. I use a regular house top digital hd antenna and get 15 stations. Is there something better out there ?
willow answered on May 23, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wow, I've never seen this website before. Thank you for the information, it made my choice a lot easier and gave me a good idea of what to expect. Thanks a ton.
regularJason answered on June 5, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Use an inline "powered" amplifier to boost the signal. Many have two or more outlets. Radio Shack has them, probably Amazon, Best Buy, eBay, or your local hardware store, will have them too. They're cheap no frills and do the job.
"bisonwings" answered on March 30, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
With a high quality 2 way splitter the signal loss will be about -3db (half the signal) at each output. The cheap units may be worse. The use of a RF splitter depends on the signal strength in your area. Also the losses thru a long run of RG6 cable. Should more cost effective to go with two separate antennas.
Amazon Customer answered on January 27, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product