Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Phantom forum

spoiler! - ending discussion - spoiler!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2012 8:55:48 AM PDT
Mary Lins says:
So is Harry dead at the end or not?

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 4:32:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2012 4:33:44 PM PDT
DocLove says:
Don't think so. The very end has vignette about a big-eared, blue-eyed beggar with a raspy voice.

Also, there are still bad guys around, Truls and Bellman.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 10:08:18 PM PDT
Flaminga77 says:
He got shot in the head as well as the torso. Much as I want him to survive, did he load the gun with blanks?

Are you saying the big-eared, blue-eyed begger is Harry. Seems like his scar would've been part of the desscription

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 3:43:07 PM PDT
Lucy Stelle says:
Any other thoughts on this!?

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 12:47:13 PM PST
When the rat climbs on Harry, Harry's heart is still beating. I suspect Nesbo would not have included that unless Harry will return. But who was the beggar?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:36:53 AM PST
C. A. M. says:
I believe he was wearing the bullet proof vest, which takes care of the shots to the torso. The head? Hmmmm.......

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 4:00:20 PM PST
J. Gage says:
My first thought was the bullet-proof vest and that the head shot was a miscalculation but one that won't prove fatal. The follow-up revelation that the killing of Gusto was essentially unintentional, still leaves room for Oleg's redemption and a clue that the story will continue. The other obvious clue was Nesbo's need to plant the mysterious figure (and final "phantom") at the cemetery, in an otherwise unnecessary scene: clearly, Harry with the raspy voice from his neck wound and in need of his own resurrection. And let's be honest; Nesbo's still has a long career ahead of him, and he is not likely to kill the golden goose, let alone Harry.

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 4:00:22 PM PST
J. Gage says:
My first thought was the bullet-proof vest and that the head shot was a miscalculation but one that won't prove fatal. The follow-up revelation that the killing of Gusto was essentially unintentional, still leaves room for Oleg's redemption and a clue that the story will continue. The other obvious clue was Nesbo's need to plant the mysterious figure (and final "phantom") at the cemetery, in an otherwise unnecessary scene: clearly, Harry with the raspy voice from his neck wound and in need of his own resurrection. And let's be honest; Nesbo's still has a long career ahead of him, and he is not likely to kill the golden goose, let alone Harry.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 4:13:05 PM PST
Mary Lins says:
Good points!!! Thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Phantom forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Phantom
Phantom by Don Bartlett (Hardcover - October 2, 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars (729)