Customer Reviews

38
4.1 out of 5 stars
Your rating(Clear)Rate this item


There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.

46 of 46 people found the following review helpful
on November 23, 2004
We have an old coal fireplace which is only 8" deep. We could not find any type of gas flame logs that would fit at all. This product installed easily and fit almost perfectly into the space. We still get the look of a fire and additional heat. The heater aspect of it has a high & low setting and is very quiet. Another advantage point is we don't have to worry about small children getting to close to a flame and getting burnt. I am very pleased with this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
38 of 38 people found the following review helpful
on March 31, 2005
Last summer I had our wood burning medal fireplace chimney removed and the fireplace capped. This left our fireplace useless. I looked at gas inserts and gas logs but didnt like the way they looked or they wouldn't fit. Then I saw this Dimplex electric in a furniture store. I was amazed how real it looked. I ordered it.It only took 3 days to come. Took it out of the box and put it in the fireplace opening and had it going in 20 minutes. It looks far better than any gas unit. The flame looks real and the embers looks great too. Guests come to the house and say it looks like a real fire. I am very happy with this unit. Thank you Dimplex and thank you Amazon.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
30 of 32 people found the following review helpful
on September 10, 2005
I love the look and feel of fireplaces, but they are very rare in South Florida, where I live. An artificial fireplace was the answer for me. I bought this insert to replace a unit that burned gel cans in a freestanding fireplace. This electric unit is beautiful! I like it so much more than the gel can type. This unit has a very realistic look. The logs are "real" (3-dimensional), not painted onto a screen like some others I've seen. The embers seem like they are really glowing and the "flames" dance realistically. And it is nice to be able to use it without heat if you wish. I highly recommend this fireplace insert.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
22 of 24 people found the following review helpful
on October 31, 2008
I bought two of these inserts to fill fireplaces that have been capped off in an old house. The cords are very short & per the safety instructions you can't use extension cords to reach an outlet. The units look nice and provide ambience when it is dark. During the day they look exactly like what they are, fake. They do not put out any significant amount of heat. I tried to use it in my 6x4 hallway last week to take the chill off in the morning. It took three hours to raise that small room 10 degrees.
Bottom line-if you are buying them just for decoration, great, you'll like them. If you want them to function as heaters, these are not for you.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
15 of 16 people found the following review helpful
on December 9, 2005
This very real looking fireplace fits nicely into my fireplace opening. My cats like to sit around it so even they are fooled. My only issue is that the heating element is at the top of the unit. I was hoping it would be at the bottom. So the heat it gives off is not as much as I would have liked.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
on January 12, 2006
We are so thrilled with this product. We were honestly a bit nervous that it would look a bit hokie, but after reading reviews on Amazon decided to take the chance and order it. I have asthma and the fireplace in our bedroom was going unused because the smoke bothered me. This electric insert is the PERFECT solution! It even gives off heat. And it looks very realistic! The remote is great to have too. Our bedroom is now so warm -- and romantic too!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
12 of 14 people found the following review helpful
on September 19, 2005
This is a decent looking fireplace insert, but a little on the small side. It's one of the cheaper ones that I found and I think a good value for the $$$.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
on February 28, 2006
This creates a realistic fire without all the trouble and fuss. We're not using it as a heat source, so puts out enough heat to simulate a fire in the fireplace. So easy to install, anyone can do it. Just click the remote and instant fire!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
on March 19, 2006
using a normal wood fire in phoenix valley with all the polution here now left the outside of the chimney really sooty every year and having to have the expense of cleaning it every spring turned very costly every year. this new electric fire insert is an excellent replacement. looks very real with the logs burning very realistc and it throws out good heat.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse
10 of 12 people found the following review helpful
on March 22, 2006
I have owned this product for 5 weeks. Already the power on/off switch has broken. This has only been form normal use. I have no children so it has not been mishandled. I have been attempting to contact someone to see about a replacement or to have it fixed under the warrenty. I have not had any response from anyone. So for now it goes into the garage. This was an expensive $200+ dollars for only a 5 week period. Really disappointed that no one is willing to respond to a problem when thing don't go right.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Report abuse

Questions? Get fast answers from reviewers

Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
See all 9 answered questions


Send us feedback

How can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you?
Let us know here.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations