Most helpful critical review
21 of 22 people found the following review helpful
Helpful starter tool for string playing
on March 17, 2011
I've used this item for 5 years. Here are my observations:
Pros or things I liked:
1. made out of materials that cause minimal damage to one's instrument
2. adjustable hight
3. legs fold up
4. easy to attach and detach
6. Some Parts can be replaced and/or upgraded
7. Fairly inexpensive.
cons/ wht's missing, needs improvement or adaptation:
1. Larger adjustmentability for height. If you are tall or have length from collar bone to chin, this item doesn't measure all the way up. You will need to compensate for this shortcoming unless you enjoy neck and back pain while you spend any substantial amount of time playing.
2. Despite the 'fold-up' feature, you will still be hard pressed to fit this item in the storage spaces in your standard instrument case. This is a minor irritation when attending classes, practices, and performances as you have yet another extra thing to carry and potentially forget. Like the rosin, rag, and tuner, it would be nice to contain all extras inside one's case.