Top positive review
18 people found this helpful
Picked this over the Hyperspace and happy with choice
on December 11, 2013
Updated 05/25/14 - took first long trip with this suitcase and it performed fantastically. I had this thing loaded up with about 60 pounds of weight, and then slung my wife's 40 pound duffle on top, and the wheels glided effortless still. Rolled over thresholds, elevator door gaps, etc. with hardly a bump. If a few places I was rolling on thick padded carpet of the hotel which made it difficult to roll like a spinner (not the fault of the wheels, was the thickness of the carpet), but then was easily flipped on side to roll as a regular tow behind bag and again was smooth as silk. Very happy with this bag, I am going to buy another for my wife since she was jealous : )
Appears to be very well made with a lot of nice touches:
1. there is a full handle on the bottom between the wheels for helping to lift in and out of the trunk
2. You can easily roll this like a spinner but than switch to pull behind on the two back/large wheels easily and it is stable when doing so. I was worried that some spinners were not so good at that, but this rolls very easy when pulling behind.
3. Luggage tag/flap sewn onto the back just in case you lose your main ID tag.
4. Quality construction and heavy zippers are smooth
5. Handle is very easy to activate and pull out and is sturdy
6. This thing is much lighter than I expected which was nice
Overall very pleased with this. I was about to buy the Samsonite Hyperspace model, but then I saw this Dkx model, which I think looks a little nicer and I liked the grey interior on this one - the hyperspace ones have some whitish tan interior that looks kind of like 70's era wallpaper to me. The Dkx seems to have a more conservative look to it too. Very nice purchase