Most helpful critical review
Very different than other types/brands, difficult to use
on November 1, 2013
I want to start by saying I am not a beginner, and have decorated many professional-looking cakes, cupcakes, etc. My go-to brand has always been the big "W" brand. But since it is hard to find larger bags by that brand, these 18" bags sounded great, and I thought I'd give them a try. Here are my pros & cons as far as what I did and didn't like. Some of these points may be important to you, or not. But here is what I found, so you can decide. Hope this helps!
1. Nice larger size
2. Plastic seems tough & would not rip easily
3. Stiffer plastic does stand up easier for filling
1. Plastic too stiff, so cuffing takes a bit longer
2. Stiff plastic makes twisting more difficult, and harder to stay closed
3. Contents seem to come up out of the top, due to a not-tight-enough twist, because of the super-thick plastic. (I should've noticed in the photo that it looks like the icing is coming out of the top of the bag!)
4. The squeaky noise of this plastic sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard (that's the only way to describe the type of plastic this is, and I cannot stand that sound! LOL)
5. Not as flexible as other brands
6. Seems harder to squeeze down every last bit of frosting, batter, etc. out of bag (again, because of the thickness of the plastic, and lack of flexibility)
All in all, I would not buy this particular bag again. They sort of remind me of the plastic my grandmother put on her dining room chairs to protect them.