Top positive review
26 people found this helpful
Best Purse EVER
on March 7, 2014
I am busy. I am have 3 young kids and about 4 million responsibilities. I have been using the Overland Equipment Donner bag for 5+ years. It has done the trick, but I'm sick of it. It is BORING.
I have been on the hunt for a new purse. There a few thing that my purse MUST have:
(1) cross body straps. I always have my hands full. There is no way I can juggle a shoulder strap purse. They always fall off. They always swing around and hit someone. And the cute little purses that you have to actually use one of your hands to hold onto - FORGET IT.
(2) An easy-access cell phone pocket. My smart phone is my sanity.
(3) Separate pockets for all types of things: chapstick, advil, floss, spare keys, blah blah blah
(4) A main compartment big enough to hold a diaper/wipes in a pinch, my wallet, a water bottle, nook, notebook, etc. However, it has to be SMALL enough that it doesn't look like i'm carrying a carpet bag around on my hip.
(5) It has to look good. Not too juvenile. I don't want to look like a 14 year old going to the mall with her friends. (Sorry, 14 year old's. I love you, I just don't want to look like you). But, I'm not high maintenance. I don't want leather. I don't want alligator skin. I want something I can wipe off if I need to and I don't want to freak out if I'm caught in a rain storm. I need something for everyday use. I have my fancy date night purses, and they're fun - but not for everyday.
I've been on the hunt for a few months now. Either the purses/messenger bags are too huge (timbuk2) or way too small (relic, fossil) or they don't hang right because the cross body strap is too short. Or maybe the main compartment sucks, or maybe there isn't a cell phone pocket, or maybe they're just plain ugly. And then the heavens opened and I found this KAVU bag.
It's perfect. Seriously. This thing is a dream boat.
I'm a child of the 80's and the pattern on this purse is kinda sorta like Le sportsac bags. Its just weird enough to be cute, but it doesn't cross the line into annoying.
The front flap pocket is superb. I have a samsung galaxy s4 with an otterbox case and it fits like a dream. The diagonal pocket with the KAVU patch is great to stash my keys in quickly. The pocket right above that closes with velcro and its perfect for my nook/shopping lists. The main compartment is awesome. I can fit so much in here. Currently, I have my wallet, a few collapsible shopping bags, a little makeup bag, keys, a water bottle, antibacterial hand wipes and by the end of the day will have a package of chocolate licorice (the food of the gods) in there. I could fit more. And, its really easy to get into. There isn't a zipper closing the main compartment. You just open it up and there you are. No fuss, no muss. I guess this could be considered a bad thing if you ride a lot of roller coasters or if you are stashing your Grandmother's pearls in there. There is a pocket with a few different sized compartments inside the main pocket, as well as a zippered pocket. On the back of the bag there are 2 more pockets, one that uses velcro, the other has a zipper. They are the perfect size.
My very favorite pocket however, is on the front of the bag - right under the strap, kitty corner from the cell phone pocket. You can't really tell in the picture, but there is a tiny green zippered pouch. JACKPOT! Its like a secret camouflaged pocket. I currently have like 5 tubes of chapstick in there which I won't have to dig around for. However, the possibilities are endless. Think about it.
Anyway, this is the purse for busy moms. Or busy dads - if you like purses and pink. It has great storage. It hangs just right. The ropes on the straps are cute. It isn't buggy. It won't swing wide and almost kill an innocent mall goer. It can hold the random toy that your 3 year old insisted on taking to the grocery store, only to throw it on the floor as soon as you get going. Its bright and colorful - you're not gonna lose this baby. It can wipe clean, which is a good thing, because at some point in the very near future, you just know that one of your children will barf and it will splash on you and your new purse. Motherhood is dangerous. I need my purse to help me survive.
If your considering this purse, let me make the decision an easy one. Buy it. You won't regret it.