Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Your rating(Clear)Rate this item

There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.

on October 12, 2009
Target's own website had 77 reviews of this microwave and it received an overall TWO rating. Emerson's website reviews were poor also. I give it a one rating. It turned on but did not heat.

This Emerson microwave was a gift and within a year it died. If you google this microwave, it has a lot of reliability issues. Since it was a gift, I did not have the receipt but after going up the chain, I was given an authorization to send this microwave back. Emerson's policy on faulty microwaves such as the Emerson 900 watt is to make customers pay to ship it back (cost $32) AND enclose a $15 check inside the box. $47.00 to mail this microwave back!!! So much for standing up for their product.

Don't buy this microwave if you care about reliability as this is the Yugo of microwaves.

GOOGLE "Emerson 900 RED microwave unsafe or hazardous" or something to that effect. I forgot to mention this microwave blew my electrical circuit or whatever so that the outlet it was plugged into along with several others no longer worked. I have a relatively new electrical panel and all switches were in the "on" position but I flipped all the switches back and forth anyway-no dice. Called an electrician who fixed whatever the problem was but charged me. He told me not to plug the microwave back in. This microwave is a hazard and there are many posts on line indicating this also.
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2008
I previously had a 1300 watt panasonic microwave that was larger than this one. It went bad and I decided I wanted a red one. I came across this one on sale at Target and wasn't sure I wanted it because it was quite a bit smaller than my old one and less powerful. But I liked the way it looked and went ahead and bought it, and I'm so glad I did. I love everything about this microwave. Emerson put a lot of thought into how the buttons work. I love the one-touch buttons. Just press the "1" and you get one minute; you don't have to press the start button. If you want an extra 30 seconds, just press the start button. I can't say enough about this product. And the smaller size works just fine for me. I don't really notice that it's less powerful than my old one, except maybe when I'm making popcorn. If you're thinking about buying this, go ahead... You won't be disappointed.

UPDATE: I've had this microwave for three years now and still love it!
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2011
This is most definitely THE WORST MICROWAVE OVEN I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS! I thought it was horrible that my Kenmore microwave died after just 13 months. My husband picked this model because of the way it looked & he liked the features. He insisted the 900W wouldn't make that much difference. (I wanted a higher wattage)

After a little over 2 months, I wish it would just blow up so I can get rid of it!
Here are just a few of the problems with this oven:

1. It takes FOREVER TO HEAT anything. And the heating is spotty at best. I have to put everything in for about 2X as long as any other oven I've ever used.

2. The outside of the oven gets EXTREMELY HOT after about 2 minutes. I can barely feel any exhaust coming from it. If I want to cook a meal in it, I have to put a desk fan in front of it to keep it cool. I can't have anything on top ~ not even a paper towel ~ because the exhaust on top is so weak, it overheats.

3. The inside is almost too small for a splatter shield to fit over a plate.

4. The buttons are so hard to push, you have to hold onto the oven so it doesn't move away from you.

5. Speaking of buttons, they have ALL BLISTERED UP & ARE ABOUT TO PEEL OFF.



This past Tuesday, I heated my coffee in this piece of junk. (it takes 3 minutes to heat a cup of coffee!) Anyway, the cycle stopped & when I opened the door, THE TURNTABLE BEGAN TURNING WITH THE POWER ON!! I had to unplug the stupid thing to get it to stop! After that happened, and I plugged it back in, THE ONLY WAY IT WOULD COME ON IS IF THE DOOR WAS OPEN!!

22 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2012
Well, I thought this microwave was great and have had no problems with it at all. Until today, it just stopped working. I've had it for less than 8 months. Outlet is fine. Microwave just wont power on or do anything.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2011
This item is truly a piece of overpriced JUNK. Here's why.

I owned one of these a couple years ago. I bought it because I loved the color, and it matched my electric tea kettle and toaster. Almost exactly a year after I bought it, it stopped working. It made a horrible grating noise and, while the plate turned inside, there was no heat. I tossed it and ended up moving into a house that had an existing microwave for my use.

We just moved into a new place a couple weeks ago. I decided to give the microwave a try again because I can't get away from that red color. I love it. Also, my mom owns the same one and hers has worked just fine (she bought hers after I bought my first one because she also loved the color). I thought my first one was probably just a dud and figured the likelihood of anything going wrong was small.

I brought the new microwave home just over a week ago and it worked just fine - until today. I heated up some pancakes and I removed them. I put in some veggie sausages to heat up and when I pushed the 30-second button there was that loud grating sound again. And no more heat. After looking around online, I see this is a common problem. And I'm a real dummy for not checking it out before wasting my time and money.

Now I get to pack it up and return it for my money back, and the $5 Target ripped me off for when they overcharged me (it was supposed to be on sale for $64.99 but I was charged $69.99).

Two strikes and this red lemon is out! I guess I'll do a little homework now and find one that will actually work.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
I bought this microwave 7 months ago. Recently I found the microwave was running by itself! Now it doesn't work at all. When I tried to call the customer service number, the voice message that I got was that the approximate wait time was 30 minutes. I won't ever purchase another Emerson product - what a piece of junk.
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2014
Worse microwave ever, so bad that I logged on specifically to write a review to warn others. I purchased this microwave from a chain store and it worked for 4 months or so then stopped heating all together, I brought it back to the store and they graciously replaced it with another one---well I've had that second one now for 4 months and numbers 7-8-9 do not work, I cannot set my time nor can I heat anything for those amounts of time. Never had so many microwave issues in my life!
0Comment| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2009
I like this microwave and I really wanted a red one. But the cord on it is very, very short. I only have one outlet in my kitchen (annoying), and I would have liked to have known prior to buying it that the cord is about half as long as my old microwave. So I thought I would let people know.
0Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2014
Be careful with this microwave, while it looks nice it is a dud. The one I received sparked fire after one day of usage, don't know if it's a manufacturing problem or seller shipping issue. Be careful of knockoffs being sold at regular price. Read a lot of bad reviews and should have listened. Would never buy again.
0Comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2015
It lasted for about 3 years but then I turned it on and I heard a loud pop. I turned to look at it and flames were shooting out of the little metal panel on the side. It scared the crap out of everyone. I can't stop thinking about what would have happened if this happened when my kids were home alone. They may have been too scared to go near it to turn it off and it could have caused a house fire.
11 comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Questions? Get fast answers from reviewers

Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
See all 8 answered questions

Send us feedback

How can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you?
Let us know here.