Does it come in the "standard" Apple packaging? Just wondering if the iPod comes in the standard Apple packaging (as opposed to say how someone like Costco packages it up in blister wrap.)

Would prefer to have the "nicer" packaging as it's a gift.

Thanks!
asked by K. Kelly on December 1, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 30 answers
A
Check for the part number. It should be MC086LL/A for the 3rd generation. If its the 2nd generation the part number would be MB528LL/A. Hope this helps.
Mark Luhan answered on December 5, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon is a very reputable company. I highly doubt they would sell refurbished items as new.

To answer the question about the packaging, the iPod Touch comes sealed inside a hard transparent plastic case. It doesn't matter where you buy one from. What you get from Amazon is EXACTLY same as what you would get from Apple (check out their website for the pic) or retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and so on. Just go to one of those stores and see the packaging for yourself. To summarize, all new iPod Touches come in only one "standard" packaging whether you buy one from Apple, amazon or Wal-Mart.
Please_Recycle answered on December 6, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Billy and DAR,

Thanks for your information. I feel a little better now. I guess it is a new product.
The white wrapper is what had me confused.
I still think my 8GB Ipod Touch should be sold as a 2nd generation with updated firmware as opposed to being labeled as a 3rd generation model. It only confuses people who might think that the 8GB version had the same exact hardware and software as the 32 and 64 Gb 3rd generation versions.
Just my opinion..................
J. Scott answered on December 7, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have never been so disappointed in Amazon. I do 99% of my shopping with them. I bought a $200.00 iTouch and I expect it to be sent with safety. I uploaded a picture to Amazon of how I received it. In a box that was too big with ZERO protection whatsoever! When I got the box, it was literally banging and rattling around inside. How could they send something so fragile and expensive without ANY protection? Surely they have loads of bubble wrap or package popcorn? It took a beating during travel from their location to mine. I really hope it works considering this was the most expensive gift I bought this year. I am truly disappointed, and I rely on Amazon for shopping not just for Christmas, but all year long. I should have ordered straight from Apple. I think I have spent over 1k on Christmas through Amazon this year. I expected better.
T. O'Brian answered on December 16, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The white wrapper just appears to be there to protect the clear packaging from getting scratched up. It's just a thin plastic sleeve that goes over the standard Apple packaging. After a few moments of concern, I realized it's a good thing that it's there-it keeps the clear plastic looking pristine while it's in transit and being knocked around the inside of a cardboard box. For the record, the one I received is MC086LL/A, which coresponds to the 3rd gen version.
Jason Sullivan answered on December 10, 2009

A
T. O'Brian,

I agree with you 100%. I have shopped at Amazon for years and I have never had one single problem.
Amazon is a first class act. That being said, they definitely dropped the ball on the packaging of these Ipods.
You would think that sensitive electronic devices would require extra packaging material. Not just tossed in a larger box with a piece of bubble wrap.
Maybe these Ipods are extremely durable and do not require all this extra care that I'm crying about.
I sure hope so.
I know they can always be sent back if they are defective, but who wants to have to do that when it could be avoided by simply better packaging.
J. Scott answered on December 16, 2009

A
Unless the newer gen's are weaker then the 1st, I wouldn't worry. I've owned the 1st gen for three years and have dropped it from around 8' to a steal deck many times. I have not installed a screen protector on my Touch and still do not have any scratches, just a few dent from the drops. I have yet to have any problems with it. I did receive a bare hard drive from Amazon in the same crappy packaging and it also works well.
C. Mcfarland answered on December 18, 2009

A
"I also expected the Apple retail packaging "

What do you mean by Apple retail packaging? The iPod Touch comes in the same packaging- inside a transparent hard plastic case- whether you buy one from an Apple retail store, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy or Amazon. Just go to one of those retail stores and verify for yourself. Amazon is not duping anyone here.
Please_Recycle answered on December 18, 2009

A
When I got it, it had the Amazon box (of course), the air bubble wrap for shipping, then the Apple iPod box, just like regular unboxing videos, I guess. :D
Kevin Nguyen answered on December 3, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I received the new 32G 3rd generation in just a white wrapper - I have emailed Amazon about the packaging, I don't believe they would sell refurbbed without listing it as such...
D answered on December 5, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product