Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
asked by Tariq Rahman on January 7, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I think the concern with that is that the food might not heat up to a safe temperature if it's been sitting for hours first. It may be a better idea to let it cook then warm, which has worked well on my model.
Read for Pleasure answered on September 10, 2010
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You only have a certain amount of time to get food up to a safe temp. before nasty creatures start to grow. That's why you won't find a delay timer on any slow cookers. Some take so long to come up to the proper temp. that an additional timer would only ensure lawsuits.
M Wilson answered on September 2, 2011
Comment | 8 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Really. You should think about what you are asking. To leave food sitting out at room temperature is only inviting some bad stomach problems. Start it and then let it go to the warm mode. That way you know that your food is safe.
gus answered on August 14, 2013
Comments (4) | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is what I wanted too! I was hoping that with a more expensive model that a start timer would be available.
Lisa M. Ricci answered on March 11, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought an inexpensive timer that you plus into the outlet for turning lights on and off when you are on vacation. It works good for slow cookers too. Unfortunately it doesn't work with slow cookers that have to be started with an on off button like this one. You'll want to get one that turns on when you plus it in.
C. LaSalle answered on February 29, 2012
Comment | 3 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product