My baby just started to pull himself up. Will he be able to use this product or should I wait a few more months?
asked by M. Hon on December 12, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
vote
Perfect time to get it! I got this for my daughter right before she learned to walk and it really helped. It doesn't take off easily so it's a safer toy for kids to learn to walk with.
ardavis08 answered on December 12, 2012

A
vote
Yes, I bought it for my nephew before he was walking and he used it to help him learn. Your son will play with it now and in the future.
AuntStevie answered on December 12, 2012

A
votes
Yes! He can definitely use this product now. We found this wagon to be too light for my son when he started pulling himself up so we added about 4 juice bottles filled with water so the weight would slow the wagon down. My husband called it "weight training". He's almost two now and still loves this wagon!
lngarrison answered on December 12, 2012

A
vote
This product would be GREAT once he is a little more stable with lateral cruising of furniture. If you purchase this for Xmas, for example, I would strongly advise to only use it with total supervision with an adult holding the wagon for stability so it doesn't roll, especially since he probably doesn't have any protective reactions yet (like learning to catch himself if he falls sideways or forwards from standing). It will be well used! And, when he is developed enough to push it himself, he'll need help with steering skills (kind of pick up/scoot in different directions) since the wheels are fixed and do not rotate side to side. Another good thing when his is indepenently pushing is to put things in the wagon like rocks, toys, etc to help him with bend/scoop/retrieve skills -- good for gross motor and fine motor skills as well. Good luck...you won't regret the purchase!
Sherie Wren answered on December 12, 2012

A
vote
I think so. I got my sons when he was 8 months old. He was pretty good about standing at the baby music table we had and would try to push it around. The wheels keep it moving slow and he slowly started walking like the kid in forest Gump until he learned to bend his knees. He was frustrated when hitting a wall but I never left him unsupervised so no big deal. I love this toy, and use it as storage or on rainy days plop him inside and push him in it as fast as I can.... I'd get it...
bridget s answered on December 12, 2012

A
votes
You could get it so baby can get the hang of it. Also it's fun to put them in the wagon and push them around.
Claudine answered on December 13, 2012

A
votes
Definitely. The wagon has its own resistance with the clickers on the wheels. Though that alone us not enough for a beginner. As others have said, just weigh it down a little and it's perfect.
J. Saul answered on December 13, 2012

A
votes
Yes. This is the best walker/push toy for kids who are still unsteady and pulling themselves up because it is designed to NOT tip over. My daughter got it when she was about 10 months and just pulling up and cruising furniture. It was awesome for her!!! And she still loves it a year later and I know it will get use for several more years.
Holly answered on December 13, 2012

A
votes
yes! we weighed it down with heavy books and our daughter pulled up on all sides.
Rakshashi answered on December 13, 2012

A
votes
When he first starts walking, he will love this. Holding on to the handle provides some stability and will help him grow steady on his feet. He will also love taking the sides off, filling it with toys, and transporting them--a fun job.
Kay answered on December 13, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›