Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
What is the best starter (multi-purpose) lens for Canon t3i? I just have the body, and shopping around for lens.. (non fixed)
asked by Huckleberry Finn on February 16, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
JoshMan answered on February 16, 2013
Comments (4) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Andrew77 answered on February 16, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the tamron 28-75 f2.8. It is a great lens. Depends on your price range though.
Elaine answered on February 16, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would suggest getting a Canon lens as opposed to non-canon ones. Although a lot more expensive, it is a very good investment and it is all worth it. There are different kinds of Canon lenses from EF-S (cheapest) to EF (median quality) to EF-L (high end luxury lenses). For multi purpose lens, try the zoom range 18-200 EF-S or the EF 28-135 or for luxury class EF-L 17-40. Look them up and compare them considering your budget and your long term plans.
vincaus answered on February 16, 2013

A
I also bought just the body as I had an analogic Canon EOS and two lens which matches perfectly with the new camera. I recommend you the 35-80 mm. lens for the beginning.
pablomat answered on February 17, 2013

A
50 mm 2.5 Macro
John Antman answered on February 21, 2013

A
I started out with the canon t3i as well and i got the 18-55mm eith it and it was a great beginner lense and gave me alot of focal lenths to start from it was perfect for taking my camera any where after that my next lens soon after was the 50mm 1:4 which also was a great lense to start out with because i liked the shot i got with that bit the 18-55mm is your best multi purpose beginner lens for just starting out and getting a feel for what you most like
Caldwellkrazy answered on February 16, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you have the extra money the sigma 17-50 is a great multi purpose lens the rokinon lenses are great too if you don't mind manual focus hopes that helps...
pkilla answered on February 16, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product