Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed III forum

Do steelbook orders get the pre-order DLC as well?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2012 2:33:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 5:58:41 PM PDT
R. Vickers says:
It says the offer is extended to all existing pre-orders, but does the steelbook version count as an existing pre-order or does Amazon count it as a separate product?

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 4:40:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 4:41:09 PM PDT
Astro says:
I'm guessing you get them both. If you are worried about not getting the steel book, go slap down $5 at Best Buy or Gamestop and they will give you one on the spot if they have any left.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 5:28:25 PM PDT
R. Vickers says:
Wait, what do you mean on the spot? The game hasn't released yet. Is the steelbook case a separate item they give you or something?

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 5:38:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 5:45:59 PM PDT
Astro says:
They give you the steelbook before the game comes out, at Gamestop or Best buy anyway if they still have some left. I have mine at home sitting on a shelf, I got it at the midnight release for Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken cause that's when I put a pre-order down for it.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 5:54:36 PM PDT
R. Vickers says:
Grrr. Had I known that I would have pre-ordered from gamestop to get the case, then wait for a black friday sale to get the game for 30 or 40 bucks. I'll go and check my local gamestop tomorrow though and see if they have it. I live in a somewhat small city and not many here are all that really into gaming, so I hope I get lucky and they still have one left. If not, then I guess I'll just keep my Amazon pre-order and suffer the 30 dollar loss in potential savings.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 6:34:45 PM PDT
R. Vickers says:
No more left at gamestop :(

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 11:41:36 AM PDT
Shopper says:
I think the "steelbook version" that we pre-ordered is different from the "standard edition." My pre-order price is $59.96 (with the steelbook), but the price of the standard version dropped to $58.99. Normally, when the pre-order price decreases, your order should change as well (part of the pre-order price guarantee). The 2 "versions" have different ASIN numbers, so I think they are in fact considered separate products in Amazon's system. Which could mean that this pre-order DLC, as well as any future pre-order bonus (like credit) may not apply to the "steelbook version." I tried contacting customer support about this, but all I got was some copy/paste responses that didn't answer my questions at all.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 4:42:32 PM PDT
Jason says:
It was kinda round about but i called into amazon and had them document my order with a price drop guarantee for the steelbook order and for the bonuses. Hopefully its just an error and im doing all this for nothing. But any time i notice a change I will call back and have them document my order until they get sick of me and fix the problem. I guess I will see in a few months if it works. I already screwed myself in 1 pre-order for not believing in amazon. This time I will give them a chance and see if it pays off.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 10:55:36 AM PDT
Astro says:
I went to Best Buy today and they had a "TON' of the steelbooks left.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 11:01:07 PM PDT
R. Vickers says:
Eh, unfortunately I don't have a best buy in my crappy city.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 2:39:33 PM PDT
Batman90 says:
Per the page on for the steelbook edition
"Due to high demand, we're currently sold out of the Assassin's Creed III SteelBook (all Steelbook pre-orders will receive the additional downloadable content). The standard edition is available. If you pre-ordered the Steelbook and cancel your order in the future, Amazon.com cannot guarantee the Steelbook offer for any future orders."

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 10:36:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2012 10:36:35 AM PDT
C. Maggio says:
I think it sucks that they are offering a $10 toward a AC title only...I have them all all ready thanks...how about just a $10 toward ANY title Amazon....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 11:22:02 AM PDT
bagheadinc says:
Or at the very least any Ubisoft game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 7:09:34 PM PDT
Jason says:
Agreed

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 5:25:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 22, 2012 5:26:03 PM PDT
Cars&Guitars says:
What about AC:Liberation (Vita)? ...Unless, you are not interested in getting it.

I totally could use that $10. I'd put it towards Revelations since that's the only one I haven't played yet.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 9:01:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2012 9:12:20 PM PDT
Cruise says:
I've pre-ordered ACIII back in January, do I still get the steelcase along with the two weapons?

I've also seen a trailer, and end of the clip it shows a sticker on the ACIII's case saying free "4 Single Player Missions"?

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 12:00:36 PM PDT
A few months ago I pre-ordered the steelbook edition. But now there is a sticker in the standard case for 4 single player missions on PS3. The question is: Am I going to get the 4 missions with my steelbook edition? Someone knows?

When I pre-ordered the game, there was no sticker for the 4 single player missions....

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 2:17:14 AM PDT
Brandon says:
The Steelbook is separate, even with the steelbook version you will still get the normal plastic game case. They will ship the empty steelbook along with it.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 2:06:23 PM PDT
rockymirin says:
there's no more steelbook option. so the offer is done/gone already?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 3:34:02 PM PDT
Some Guy says:
how do you know that? whats the point in having 2 cases?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 12:28:26 PM PDT
Shopper says:
@Some Guy. When the steelbook offer was announced, they said it would be a separate cover in addition to the regular cover that the game will come in. Many people already picked up the steelbook from other retailers, like Best Buy and Gamestop, several months ago, since they were giving them out at the time you placed your pre-order.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 6:19:37 PM PDT
Brandon says:
Because Amazon said so. And because every retailer has had the steelbooks on the shelves for like 7 months now, they give it to you when you pre order the game. The steelbook is just an extra that will come with the normal game. You can take the game out of the regular case and put it in the steelbook. A lot of retailers are doing it that way now, so they can offer the steelbook ahead of time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,137)