Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 23, 2011 12:04:42 PM PDT
There's only 3 or so reviews that are on the "(CD + DVD-A) (Dig)" item page and only one of them really says anything about the sound quality, none of them even mention stereo sound. I'm not against surround sound, I just don't see the point in spending an adequate amount of $$ ($500? AT LEAST?...) when most music isn't being released in surround sound and I don't recall ever having an abode built with the necessary acoustics, or even space requirements to make surround sound really make much sense...rear speakers? There's no room behind my chair! Anyway...

Also, do I have a really bad imagination or would it really be beneficial to spend $500-$600 on $300+MSRP-sale-price on Polk or whatever noteworthy brand of speakers & 200+MSRP-sale-price Onkyo receiver? I mean, would I be more "at one" with the feelings of the music with that kind of set up or would it just be a tiny look in that state of being? I don't see the point of upgrading my sound set up if I'm going to feel the need to sell my stuff and gather an extra $500++ on top of what I get from my sale(s)...
And does remastering an album such as this, 16 years after the initial release, make a difference on a $500-$600 Onkyo/Polk/etc. set-up? And would a small-two-small-bedroom apartment w/ tiny kitchen and small bathroom be a bad space for a set-up? "How small is the kitchen" you might ask? How small is it when the counter space and the oven space aren't very spacious and you have barely (hardly?) enough room to stand in front of the open oven to observe the food cook(ed)ing?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Mar 23, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Out of Time [Vinyl]
Out of Time [Vinyl] by R.E.M. (Vinyl - 1991)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (205)