5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ!, October 26, 2010
Sticky Jesus is an amazing book that I could not put down! I have read or should I say, TRIED to read books on technology only to lose my interest quickly and to once again become frustrated in not understanding my purpose or how to get started when it came to understanding Social Media, Blogs and other means of communicating and sharing my ministry. Sticky Jesus opened my eyes to the mission field of not only the Internet as a whole, but most importantly Social Media to another dimension! I admit that I have been sticking my toe into the water to see if I feel comfortable with Facebook and Twitter, but after reading Sticky Jesus, I am ready to jump in head first. I now feel confident since reading this book to utilize the tools that are available to me and appreciate the step-by-step, easy to read and understand teaching tools that Tami Heim and Toni Birdsong provides in the book. The testimonies on each subject added more value to my understanding the purpose of each tool and how to use it effectively for my ministry as well. I am recommending this book to everyone I know and will be a must read for my entire ministry team. Thank you for Sticky Jesus! I will recommend this book to everyone I come in contact with.

5.0 out of 5 stars An online ministry manual for every follower of Christ, October 26, 2010
Melinda Lancaster "dontfaint" (Spring Hill, TN United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
In the book @stickyJesus authors Tami Heim and Toni Birdsong have merged their expertise regarding media and marketing with their passion for Christ. The result is an exceptional manual for believers who desire to impact the world for Jesus via the internet.

Not only does @stickyJesus wipe away any trace of doubt regarding the validity of online ministry it proves how vital our presence on the various social networks is "for such a time as this." It also presents valuable information that will benefit both novice and technically savvy people in their quest to become "digital scribes."

The book is comprised of 15 chapters referred to as files:

00-Introduction: what's sticky got to do with it?
01-you: born for such a time as this
12-demystifying: Twitter
13-demystifying: blogging
14-demystifying: content gathering
15-you: a witness

Each chapter closes with a download section which provides a punch list of highlights for review; as well as an upload section in the form of a prayer.

A part of the book which really stood out to me was the "let's go there" sections. There is such an anointing upon the writers as they reflect on Jesus' earthly ministry. My heart was deeply touched.

Another point of interest was the "upload" sections at the end of each chapter. The authors present prayers that allow for full surrender to God. My spirit was moved by each and every word. I believe other readers will experience something similiar. The final download and upload, at the end of the book, has the power to be life-changing as well.

@stickyJesus is all about relationships, the most important of all being our relationship with Christ, and it is very helpful in reprioritizing the amount of time we spend with people. In order for Christ's message to brilliantly shine in us He must increase and we must decrease. This takes an investment of time spent at the Master's feet. I've been reminded, while reading, just how vital giving Christ first priority is. He is our Power Source for living and interacting with others in a Christ-like manner.

It's easy to get sucked in to the online world and very important that checks and balances become a part of our daily lives in order to protect us spiritually, physically, and emotionally. You'll find valuable information in the book on how to live a balanced Christian life along with excellent tools for beefing up your defenses.

In the words of the authors "Of all the messages the world has ever heard, the gospel is still the stickiest. The good news is that God's message is your message, which makes your presence and voice online wholly (and holy) indispensable!" I couldn't agree more.

I highly recommend that you read this book and apply the wealth of wisdom within both offline and online. Your relationship with Christ will be challenged and changed and you'll also find yourself far better equipped spiritually and technically to leave a lasting mark for Christ on the world, at your fingertips, one keystroke at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, @stickyJesus!, October 26, 2010
@stickyJesus is one of the most relevant books out there for Christians longing to make a difference in today's society. Not only does this book inspire a deeper personal relationship with Christ, but it also empowers readers to take that relationship on an online journey - one which can then inspire countless others. The cyber world is a huge mission field that many Christians shy away from - mostly due to a lack of knowledge, but also for fear of the potential temptations that may await them there. Tami Heim and Toni Birdsong hit both of these issues head on with @stickyJesus. After reading this book, Christians will know how to turn what the enemy has meant for evil into a powerful tool for the Kingdom of God. The authors show us in a totally approachable way that it has never been more possible to reach the ends of the earth with the truth of God's love - without even leaving home.

5.0 out of 5 stars @stickyjesus, October 25, 2010
New or seasoned Christians will find immediate direction in sharing one's faith online with the words of web wisdom in this book. Learn how to connect, share, and communicate Christ in this new world. Enlightening and motivating read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make disciples of all nations, October 26, 2010
Ed Sponsler (Moreno Valley, California) - See all my reviews
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations..." (Matt 28:19a, NIV)

Just as the internetworked roads of the Greco-Roman world mobilized the bodies of the first Christians, so too does the Internet mobilize the words of Christians today. Through the strategic use of social media, relevant messages of hope and Good News tap into the consciousness of our culture providing a new paradigm for initiating an encounter with the risen Lord Jesus.

Tami Heim and Toni Birdsong not only share their knowledge and experience in becoming effective online evangels, but share timeless words of wisdom, such as reminding us that our first "online" connection must be with the Holy Spirit. It is the power of the Holy Spirit who, from Pentecost until today, continues to open minds to hear the Good News of Jesus.

Tami and Toni explain the effective use of social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook and blogging to initiate conversional evangelism with a mind boggling variety of audiences and worldviews online. After reading @stickyJesus, you will be left with an itch to explore this new dimension of witnessing and the skills needed to pull it off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awaken Your Heart, October 26, 2010
This book will enlighten your heart and spur you on. Filled with Scripture and practical application. Written as if the authors were in the chair next to me conversing. Who would have thought shiny screens would be a mission field, and this book reveals how all Christians can be missionaries in this field!! The book left me eager to fulfill Christs command to GO and make Disciples...!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Important Book for an Important Time, October 26, 2010
@stickyJesus is not just a handy little book or informative guide--it's a life-changing resource for every believer engaged online. Whether we entered the online world to promote a blog, book, or service, to find old classmates, or simply out of curiosity, @stickyJesus reminds us that our primary mission as followers of Christ is to use this technology for His glory.

In engaging chapters called "files," the authors lay a foundation of the centrality of Jesus and the gospel message, the vast and ever-expanding reach of the cyber world, and the significance of being born into this historic time. I found myself reading and re-reading certain passages as I assessed my own online existence, inspired by the challenge to decrease "me" and allow the Christ in me to increase in my interactions.

With biblical truth, real-life stories, and the know-how and wisdom steeped in these authors, this book spoke to my heart and renewed my mind. I will keep @stickyJesus near my computer as a constant reminder and encouragement that I'm navigating a mission field when I engage online. I recommend this book highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like, October 26, 2010
I like this.

@stickyJesus helps you harness the power of the information highway to make Jesus famous. Tami and Toni understand that the ideas that spread win. Join the conversation today and use the new Roman road of social media to extend the Good News around the world. May His kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, October 26, 2010
What an amazing find! The perfect "how to" guide to help Christians navigate the technologically fast moving world and share their love of Christ. Excellent read. Well written and informative!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Social Networking for people to know Christ, October 25, 2010
Don Tallakson (BURBANK, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
This is a "how-to" book for sharing your faith using the internet and other media. I found it to be insightful and entertaining. I was fascinated to read how other believers are already sharing their powerful stories of God's love using blogs and websites. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to use these and other powerful tools to spread the word of God in the digital age.

@stickyJesus: How to Live Out Your Faith Online
@stickyJesus: How to Live Out Your Faith Online by Toni Birdsong (Hardcover - February 1, 2012)
$16.99 $12.79