Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 5th)
Used & New from: $65.97
My kindle stopped right in the middle of a book I was reading. It wo't start up again. Does this mean a bad battery or that the Kindle is broken?
asked by Marjorie Harbaugh on July 19, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Hopefully it is not a serious frozen, try this:
Follow these steps to restart your device. These steps will not remove content from your device.
1. Press or slide and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
2. After 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank. This is normal. Continue to hold the bower button.
3. After another 20 seconds, release the power button. The charge indicator light will turn on after a few moments. For Kindle Fire, press the power button again.
4. Your Kindle will successfully restart.
Loki answered on July 19, 2013
Comment (1) | 24 of 33 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the help, I was about to despair. I really enjoy my Kindle and couldn't afford another one right now. I did go on line to continue reading my book, but it's much easier to hold the kindle and read rather than my laptop.
Edierose answered on September 9, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My kindle fell in the water,so l need to buy a new one,what will happen to all the books l have on the the new ones that l have not read yet?
Anna answered on September 13, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Answer below works fore every time
Susan A. answered on July 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hold your on and off button for 30 secs. and then reboot.
Maria D. answered on July 26, 2013
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So far hasn't happened to me, but try charging it again, make sure it is fully charged. other than that ask at a Amazon
Joan answered on July 19, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would start by trying to charge it. If that doesnt work call amazon. they will walk you through troubleshooting or replacement
charla answered on July 19, 2013
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product