Safe for glass stove top brewing? Please advise if this machine safe to use on a glass stove top?
asked by Tina Winkley on March 2, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Your oven stove top is black, yes.
It's not glass, its ceramic. I have a 6-Cup, used it today.
If its a General Electric model, (white oven), you can set the temperature knob past line, before HI
Make sure the handle is never over the elements.
It can melt the handle...
P. Duroseau answered on March 7, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use mine on my black "glass" stovetop, which has no oven attached. (I have a separate wall oven.) I use the smaller size burner, set the knob to 7 and it takes about 7 minutes. I always put the pot on the edge and leave the handle outside the heated area. It will melt, as the previous commenter said, if you put it in the middle of the burner. Fill the bottom with water to the fill line, which is just a line in the metal about 3/4 way up on the inside. Put the grounds in the holder, but don't compress them. After the espresso is made, remove the pot from the heat. If you want to make more espresso, let the pot cool a few minutes, rinse the bottom of the top half as well as the cup that holds the ground coffee, and start over. I like this pot very much, tho I also use a quicker, electric espresso machine by Braun. It's good to have more than one because they don't make much, and some people want decaf while others want with caffeine.
Verita answered on March 13, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a "Rommelsbacher" espressocooker in Germany with the cooker in the bottom of the machine. So you don't need a oven or hot plate. Is there anything like this available in USA?
Christel Gilbert answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›