Can I stream Amazon Prime Videos on the new Apple TV?
asked by B. Hill on December 3, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 93 answers
A
votes
Not at the moment. Amazon would need to develop an app and negotiate with Apple to get it onto the Apple TV. That might happen if Apple opens up the platform, which is rumored, but at the moment it is only compatible with a few partners, like Netflix. I also thought that you might be able to "push" an Amazon Prime video from an iPad to the ATV, but the AirPlay icon does not show up in the Amazon app (meaning that it is Amazon and not Apple that is blocking this functionality, since most all other video applications can do this).
Jon B. Olsen answered on December 3, 2012

A
votes
No. Apple TV does not support the Amazon instant video playback.
MPB78 answered on December 3, 2012

A
votes
you can if you're using an apple computer and airplay your entire desktop while watching a video in your browser which is super simple. i can't believe no one has mentioned this.
lars b amble answered on January 16, 2013

A
votes
You can now use airplay in the Amazon Prime app on your iPhone or iPad to stream to your Apple tv.
wh6276 answered on October 15, 2013

A
votes
Amazon has chosen not to put an Amazon Prime app on Apple TV. Yes, it's up to Apple to approve it, but it's Amazon's move first. Apple TV has Netflix and Hulu Plus. Why not Amazon Prime, Amazon?
vrpj answered on May 16, 2013

A
votes
IOS 7: Open amazon video app (free from app store). Swipe up from bottom for menu. Select Airplay. Select Apple TV. Tap Done.
Suzanne answered on October 30, 2013

A
votes
You can now use your Prime app on your iPhone or iPad to stream it to your Apple tv.
wh6276 answered on October 15, 2013

A
votes
No, BUT I use AIRPARROT on my macbook to mirror whatever is on my screen to Apple TV. Until Apple and Amazon get it worked out thay is the only way I know to do it,
Jean C Wahl answered on March 22, 2013

A
votes
Short answer ....NO. Long answer is that latest research shows Apple has NOT created or contracted an APP for Amazon Prime Videos "YET"
Dale B answered on December 3, 2012

A
vote
Not yet. Reference: http://us.gizmodo.com/5931185/why-apple-tv-just-became-apples-most-important-product
Liz answered on December 3, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next ›