does it do web streaming from all radio stations that stream on the web?
asked by thertenberger on February 23, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
The best way to answer this question is to say no directly and yes possibley indirectly.
the 414 comes with about 6 or more "stations" that you have to subscribe to, Rapsody being one of them but there are others. If you connect the 414 to your network and click the network button on the remote you'll see them.
As for getting all of the stations that are out there, keep in mind the 414 can pick up your other devises like a computer in another room and stream music that is on it. These would be albums, not stations. Listning to the otehr stations may take you asking Oknyo for a firmware update in order to get the stations you want. For example, you can't get SOMA FM on the Onkyo but you could on your computer.
Hope this helps.
Someone just posted that the 414 can do it but i have not figured out how at this time.
Jane Eyre answered on February 24, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it does. I'm wired into into my router and can listen to all stations that stream. It does have wireless capability but I think you need to buy a usb dongle to make that happen.
Bob answered on February 24, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just answered this question but the answer was wrong. I just stet up SOMA FM on my 414 and it is not part of the list of stations you get witht unit. On the 414 is a statioln called the V network. it allows you to enter a station by its name and it goes out and finds it. It found SOMA FM in 1 second and I was able to load Groove Salad and save it to favorites. It works very well. Sorry for the wrong answer in the first post.
Pete M. answered on February 24, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›