Can you limit street address search to one city? Currently need to scroll down long list of cities/towns
[UPDATED] asked by AmazUser on March 9, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
After putting in street address, it will prompt you to shorten the list by putting in the city and state. Press the prompt button and then put in the city and state. Works great.
Gerald R. Norton answered on March 9, 2013
Comments (3) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have had this problem with a previous Garmin, but not this one. I have never had to select from a cities list, but usually use the GPS to find addresses near where I am. Sometimes it will give me the address in several towns, but almost always allows easy selection. The search engine is so intuitive that it at times makes it difficult to use such things as zip code and telephone number for address. I have always been able to work through it, but if the instrument is not able to use what I type, it will often start suggesting things. I would contact Garmin with that question if you don't want to "fight" the device. There are, I'm sure, various ways they can give you, but it's not always easy. Wish I could be more helpful.
R. Bidwell answered on March 9, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've only had mine a short time, but I think you can maybe start off by selecting a town you want to seek in. Check out those complex menus...
Mac answered on March 9, 2013

A
I'm trying to get mine to update and if it will ever work then maybe this issue will be eliminated. Out of the box I am having this same issue and I do not see any way to get rid of this. I'm definitely going to shop around more and maybe get another brand altogether next time. This one is not near as effecient as the last one I owned. It seems that things have regressed with newer models.
A. Moore answered on March 9, 2013

A
I believe that if you select the state, it will then go by your location. Was pretty accurate for searches.
Darel Oja answered on March 9, 2013

A
My daughter says she thinks you can, but she's not sure how. We have another GPS and we give it a city/zip or select from a drop down if the address is in several cities.
shari heath answered on March 10, 2013

A
After you put the address in there's a box at the top right that you can press, then enter the city and state you want to do the search in. Hope this helps.
Lunch Box answered on March 10, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product