Is this bag strictly for cameras and equipment, or can it be an all-purpose bag for anyone? Like teachers with lots of stuff?
asked by Minsters on March 5, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
Mine came with a Velcro insert that can be removed which will just be an empty bag. But even with it in, you can use it for anything.
Robert John Pena answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
Well, the inserts are designed for camera lenses, but they are attached with velcro so it would be easy enough to remove them or replace them to use the bag for other purposes.
Amazon Customer answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
Yes you can use it for other things, the interior is velcro and the bag is completely open. However, it only comes with the two clips for closing it, there are no zippers, so depending on what you put in the bag, items could fall out if they are small. The velcro inserts help with stability and are padded so when you use them your camera equipment doesn't move or fall.
Allison W. answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
It could be used for that but I'd imagine it is a little small for that. Its design plus is its construction and durability needed for photojournalism. You might be better served by going to one of those shops now that feature leather goods, heck, I even found a neato one (~$15) I used for church at a stop on I-35 in Oklahoma. The Domke wears like iron since it is heavy cotton duck canvas. Its water repellance can be renewed too. But you could not get it to contain say a spiral notebiok like students and teachers are familiar with; its just too small. I would imagine a presentation such as many of the leather cases available now for laptops would work and give you lots of room. I have just such a bag with three zippered compartments; the center one about 5" deep and suitable for travel clothing, folded shirts, socks, neckties, etc. The back compartment is separated dividers for holding larger files and document folders. The front compartment is ~3" deep and I use for toilet articles and white clothing for my church work. It just depends on what utility you are needing, but I would think the Domke would disappoint you, though they hold great sales value should you find it unsuitable. I hope this helps you decide. Thanks and you're welcome.
Charles Scott PA answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
This bag is quite versatile. Remove the dividers; they are held in with velcro and remove easily. The interior of the bag is 6"x12"x7", big enough for lugging a stack of books. The cover flap of the bag features a full-width zippered pocket. It's purpose is to hold passports and similar documents. There is a non-closing pocket on the back of the bag which will easily hold an iPad or smaller netbook. There are three pockets on the front and two on each end. The two end pockets have flaps which cover the pockets quite well. Mine are filled with short sync cords, tripod adapters, the odd bits and pieces that photographers can't live without, and back in the days, rolls of film. I've never lost anything out of these pockets. In real life, the bag is about the same size as an old-fashioned rucksack, will easily hold any number of things and provide protection for valuable electronics. Lastly, its elegant styling will impress the heck out of your students.
Lensman answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
F-2 bag could be useful to teachers and others who need a bag of this size and shape. Its padded insert was probably designed with photo gear in mind, but would provide protection for other delicate cargo; or the insert can be removed entirely, leaving the interior completely open for whatever one wanted to carry. It wouldn't be a natural alternative to a briefcase or attache case for someone carrying mostly files, papers and other printed matter, but perfectly suitable for all sorts of bulky stuff that doesn't easily fit a briefcase or laptop bag.
Cisco Kid answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
It can be an all-purpose bag. It's essentially a soft-sided shoulder bag that can "also" be a camera bag due to the inserts. It's my favorite everyday camera bag, though it's just a tad smaller than I'd prefer for the camera body and lenses that I prefer to carry.
lc answered on March 5, 2013

A
votes
It isn't really deep enough to hold binders and other large format items but if you take out the lens insert it will hold a tremendous amount. I have often used it as a non-photographic carryall. The stiff padded bottom can also be removed if it isn't needed, making the bag even more flexible.
Ira answered on March 6, 2013

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 6, 2013 8:16:52 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›