Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Can you use a stronger watt bulb, other than 45 watts?
asked by Christine Strickland on March 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Yes you can, I use 85 watt CFL which is the same as a 450 watt standard, you must take in consideration of the extra heat, and adjust distance for umbrella use so as not to create a fire hazard. Cowboy studio has a standard medium based socket, so as long as your bulb has a medium base it will work.
rlionheart answered on March 1, 2013
Comment (1) | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. I used a four bulb adapter and have four 45w bulbs lit with no problem. Not sure what the manufacturing specs say, but it works for me.
franklin hughes answered on March 1, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can use a stronger bulb. As long as it is fluorescent, you should not worry about burning the umbrellas. Just don't use regular incandescent bulbs.
Omar Craviotto answered on March 4, 2013
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
rlionheart is correct. However, I would recommend that you add an additional piece to your kit as I have done and stop at any local hardward store to purchase a light reflector Google "Optical Light Reflector." This will help with your light control when using a higher wattage bulb. It will also reflect the heat produced from the bulb away from your subject and allow for greater control of your light.
NL_Mommy answered on March 4, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
rlionheart is correct, for safety reasons they ask that you not use stronger bulbs, but I do as well, since a 45 w does not provide much light. But be more cautious of the surroundings when setting up and always check your lamp socket for heat damage before use.
J. H. Fitzgerald answered on March 1, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Added a twin head and added a reflector umbrella to one stand. Using 4 X 105w bulbs now.
C ROSSI answered on November 1, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 4, 2013 8:03:20 AM PST]

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 23, 2014 10:54:04 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product