Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Might be a stupid question, but is this compatible with my first gen core-duo alienware m11x?
asked by Karl J. Anderson on October 21, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Lininality answered on October 22, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It supports the DDR3 Ram at 1333mhz, so it will not run this at full potential but it will run. The comp supports 16 gig, so it should have 4 slots, chances are you can keep the memory you have and add this, just make sure the memory pairs are slot 1 & 3 and slot 2 & 4. You'll also need to be running a 64 bit OS or it will only see 3 gigs of ram.
M. Daneker answered on October 22, 2012

A
Yes!! "Vengeance memory is backward compatible with notebooks which use first-generation Intel Core i5 and Core i7processors. Even if your notebook doesn't use the latest-generation processor, you can still upgrade to 8GB using only two memory slots, and enjoy the confidence of Corsair's renowned service and support." From their Website. Must have a 64bit system and may work fine at 1333hz.
francisco tejada answered on October 22, 2012

A
You need to check two things:

1) Check the maximum RAM that your laptop can take. Some systems, even though 64-bit, cannot take more than 4GB RAM.
2) Check the specs of the RAM currently installed. If you have DDR3 RAM, this *should* work.

Hope I helped!
DJ Q answered on October 22, 2012

A
it should... but it would most likely run at the highest speed that your cpu or motherboard supports. it is possible that it would run faster for example my computer only supports 1366 ram but it runs a 1600 speeds vs its advertised speed of 1866. the advantages of buying faster ram is that it runs with lower latencys and offers stable over clocks i would suggest going with 1600 ram as should be cheaper and still have lower latencys
Chad2625 answered on October 22, 2012

A
Corsair Memory - 4GB DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CM3X4GSD1066) you can buy from amazon for about $20, hope this helps you!
Michael Marrero answered on October 22, 2012

A
Shouldn't be an issue.
xtrememorph answered on October 22, 2012

A
S. B. Smith answered on October 22, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi!
I using this set with second generation - i5-2450M 2.5GHz CPU.Runs OK.
Also My friend bought set of 16Gb (8x2) of same Corsair memory. He has first generation i5-740 CPU (Sony VAIO, made in 2010). After installed to his PC BIOS shows 16gigs but OS fails to start. CPU-Z shows that his HM55 Chipset doesn't support higher speed memory such as this DDR3-800Mhz. It supporting lower speed DDR3 memory. So, I think you system will not work with this model memory... Anyway you have to check. Maybe you have another chipset. Or check BIOS updates on manufacturer site.
VK answered on October 22, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product