Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-85 of 85 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 2:44:34 PM PDT
Thelonious says:
>it just makes me recoil when they're associated with the innocence of a child.

Why is that?

Might it be that your idea of the "innocence of a child" is inflated or unrealistic?

Why do you suppose that you recoil while others laugh at the incongruity? Why do you feel compelled to judge them for that reaction? Why do you think encouraging that reaction is obviously "wrong" (especially given what you've just said about the nature of words)?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 3:39:46 PM PDT
right, but i couldn't even post what the title was.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 3:51:04 PM PDT
no, i never said children need to be "protected" from certain words. i don't judge the people. the combination just repulses me, tho i know childhood innocence is not pristine, but i believe it a goal worth striving for; they grow up too quickly now, and the magic of childhood is ruined.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2011 4:45:40 PM PDT
Thelonious says:
You said, in the context of discussion of the f-word, that people don't protect children enough - how is that not saying that children need to be protected from the f-word?

>the magic of childhood is ruined

I think you're projecting here

Posted on May 27, 2011 11:28:45 PM PDT
i was just saying that children need to be protected from stupid people, but yes, they are all around. you didn't, apparently, understand my post about the f-word. it was about the fact that amazon would let me say chill the f out, in any other form other than "f". cuz i tried, and they wouldn't pass it, even in the form that the author used. and yes "innocence of a child" is not inflated or unrealistic, but actual, and if you want to ruin it, go ahead.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 10:54:59 AM PDT
Eat me says:
You obviously do not have children or you would not ask such questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 6:11:24 PM PDT
i raised a daughter. she had colic as a baby and would stop crying unless you bounced her in your arms repeatedly, or turned on a water faucet and let her listen to it.

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 2:32:31 AM PDT
C. Rauh says:
you daughter was writhing and screaming in pain, and you didn't think to address that problem? my kid's pediatrician gave them mylicon drops, which were fantastic... it addressed the problem which caused the pain.
this IS the same wunderkind who intuited what you wanted when you wanted, right? (you TRAINED her??? i'm nauseated at the thought of that!!!) could it be that she learned, very early, to associate you with pain, and tried to minimize whatever interactions were necessary, to avoid the attendant pain?

just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2011 9:13:35 AM PDT
you're totally off base. you have to troll amazon to get your passive aggressive fix??

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2011 12:18:17 PM PDT
Thank you for making some sense. We all know who this book appeals to, no matter who it was intended for. I work daily with small children and I know how kids are. I have six year old little girls pretending they are "going to the club" or playing "Bad Girls Club" because their idiot parents think it is cute. It amazes me that these kids know every filthy word to the latest Lil' Wayne song, but can't write their name. All of this ties in together. This "everything is a joke" attitude rules the world. When is enough really ENOUGH? This has nothing to do with having a sense of humor. What about just having sense? If your children are so badly behaved that this book expresses how you feel, then you should really evaluate what you are doing wrong as a parent.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  51
Total posts:  85
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Go the F**k to Sleep
Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (Hardcover - June 14, 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,964)