Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
is the base sturdy enough and will the neck bend low enough to use in a chair
asked by belle gallay on July 10, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
YES!!!!! I love my lamp. I've also had a floor lamp similar to this one, but it put out too much heat for me. This magnifier lamp is perfect, because I can keep it beside my chair and swing it around to my lap when I need it. I twist the magnifier around gently until it's where I need it. (I try to be careful, as I've always wondered if it would break, but so far, I have had zero problems of any kind.) Since my vision isn't great, this lamp is my lifesaver!
Handeezhoney63 answered on July 10, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use it in a lazy-boy style chair and I find it works great. It will topple if the base is turned away from the direction the magnifier is bent, but that's an easy fix, just make sure the base and magnifier are pointed in the same direction.
W.J. Bolduc answered on July 10, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, the neck of the lamp moves low enough and moves in several directions, very flexible. The base of the lamp is not heavy so I find it very easy to move and I have not had a problem with it falling over. Once I set it to the position that I want it has been a great lamp.
T answered on July 10, 2013

A
The base is very stable, after you put a screw in it to keep the pip from pulling out. It works very well at chair height. Hope this helps!
Rusty answered on July 11, 2013

A
the base is strong and yes it can be used in chair. I have it on the left side of me and it works nicely. I am 4'11" and I can look right down into the magnifying part which is what I need. I don't know how low you want it to go, but its low for me. You will enjoy it. Worse case: you can return it. Kim Giardino
kim answered on July 12, 2013

A
The base is certainly sturdy enough ... I have the D cell batteries inserted in the base which helps the stability. Yes, it will bend low enough for chair use.
Rick Mills answered on July 16, 2013

A
My Dad uses it while sitting in his easy chair with no difficulty.
WouldWerker2b answered on July 10, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product