Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
asked by poorvic on August 13, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
S. Payne answered on August 14, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
S. Payne answered on August 14, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Roku is awesome. Depending on what shows your wife watches she can watch the shows on the computer. If you can connect your computer to your TV then you can watch on TV. I watch some lifetime via the computer and honestly it is worth it... I save so much money with the Roku box and the number of channels and options (free and premium) far outweigh gaming machines. There is no comparison. It's not just Netflix.. it is so so so much more. We have two and it is one of the best decisions we've made.
L. Chinnery answered on April 27, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Roku is awesome. Depending on what shows your wife watches she can watch the shows on the computer. If you can connect your computer to your TV then you can watch on TV. I watch some lifetime via the computer and honestly it is worth it... I save so much money with the Roku box and the number of channels and options (free and premium) far outweigh gaming machines. There is no comparison. It's not just Netflix.. it is so so so much more. We have two and it is one of the best decisions we've made.
L. Chinnery answered on April 27, 2011

A
i took the plunge last week. couldn't be happier. there is a lot of content out there. It's an open source platform so a lot of people are developing channels. nowhere TV is a private channel and is awesome. I can even watch Conan on it.
Jacob Seal answered on May 13, 2011

A
check out nowheretv on roku. mylifetime.com shows are there! all the movies too!
mzzteacha answered on July 21, 2011

A
I'm also thinking of getting a ROKU instead of Direct TV, because I'm having issues with the installation and my association rules. So my question is: If a current TV show (like Glee) is posted on the internet, can I watch it on TV through the ROKU without hooking my computer up to the TV.
Margaret S. Furleigh answered on August 4, 2011

A
P.S. I'm looking at the Roku 2 XD.
Margaret S. Furleigh answered on August 4, 2011

A
It depends on where it's posted, and if that internet site is included in one of the "channels" available on Roku.

It's unlikely. Most streaming content available on Roku is still through Netflix or Amazon. If your show isn't streamed on either of these (for an additional fee) then it's unlikely that any of the other channels on Roku will have it. They are mostly pod-casts or sporting (subscription) channels.

Hulu + is a possibility but it's an additional fee to watch it on Roku (I don't subscribe to it).
S. Payne answered on August 4, 2011

A
I didn't know you could stream Amazon from your Wii???
Matthew Cross answered on August 11, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product