Has anyone had success in getting and running the Google Store app on the Coby MID9042 ? The good apps are there.
asked by Jeauxm on November 16, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
no but you can get the andriod market witch is the same thing
Amazon Customer answered on July 31, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
JR-Texas answer is incorrect. I load apps from Google Play(store) all the time on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet. There is even a "tablet" tab" in the Google Play(store),actually it is the 4th tab over.

As for running Google store apps on the Coby MID 9042, no not as manufactured by Coby. The reason is Coby is not using a currently recognized version of Android that Google will allow you to install any app. Can the Coby be made to be able to use Google Play(store) and a host of other features and apps, yes. It would require you "root" the tablet. Problem is that rooting the tablet will void the warranty.

GetJar is a mess that even Coby acknowledged it and had the 9042 users start using SlideMe as the Coby compatible app store.

As a side note,my opinion, the Coby 9042 is just about useless. I am saying this as a person who bought one for the grandson for Christmas and totally regret it.
Michael Brelish II answered on February 3, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Google apps are limited to android phones, not tablets. Register your MID9042 device in ;your Amazon account and use the Amazon app store to get to a huge inventory of apps, free and paid.
JR-Texas answered on December 3, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product