My Zinwell had been working fine. Now suddenly when I punch in channel 46-1, the Zinwell takes me to channel 32-3 instead! Anyone experience this? This is causing my Tivo to record the wrong channel when it is supposed to be recording a show on channel 46-1 (CBS Atlanta). Very frustrating!
[UPDATED] asked by T. Tyler on November 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Did you doublecheck that 46-1 hasn't been deleted from your channels? If you recently did a scan, the signal may not have been strong enough to pick up 46-1. If it is there, try deleting it and manually re-adding it.
Lisa answered on November 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have only had my converter for about 3 weeks, so far nothing has gone wrong.
Tom answered on November 19, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Welcome to the Zinwell Frustration Club, T. (see my post from a couple of months ago). Unfortunately, I don't have any good answers. This sounds even stranger than what I have experienced - when my Zinwells flake out, they either freeze up, or all the programming gets set to the last valid numeric channel, 62-1 in my list, but yours isn't going to the last one. The only thing I can suggest intuitively is to unplug it for a short time, then rescan in case it's confused about something, maybe a channel deletion, and make sure it still appears in the list, like Lisa suggests. Maybe it's safer not to delete anything?

It seems that these things might be sensitive to electrical disturbance. I had more problems than I do now before I used a big fat rubber band to secure the power adapter to my power strip. I think it would get jostled by my cats walking on it anf flake out. If you can afford to spend $150 for a really serious surge suppressor (like from Zero Surge) and another $50 (minimum) for a UPS [battery backup power supply] (a good idea for all your electronics), that may help, too, but won't eliminate all the flake-outs. Sometimes I go months w/o a problem (way better than originally), but sometimes I can get several flake-outs in a week.
raccoon answered on November 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I also had very little luck. Finally I gave my old set away and moved up to LCD. Sorry.
doctork answered on November 19, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It could be that your station may have changed its output or what channel it is using.
O'Regon answered on February 7, 2013

A
I have had similar things happen occasionally. If you re-scan the channels (essentially resetting the box) it should return to normal operation. The downside of this is you will lose favorites and have to reprogram them
brodfra answered on February 16, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product