Samsung UN40EH6000 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black) (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $400.00
Is there any suggested setting to resolve issue of faces being washed out?
asked by Gary on November 4, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I do notice if I am too close to the tv the faces are a bit washed out....but at a 10-12 foot distance they look fine. I just followed the settings by this reviewer and seemed to work great for me.

Sometimes...Not BEING a Smart TV... is The SMART TV!

If you go to the main description of the tv it is the second review you come too.
Hope this helps
Jeffery L. Evans answered on November 4, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am sorry, I have not experienced this issue. I have the clearest picture on the block. I have not even done any tuning or adjusting. Maybe change the picture the picture adjustment to "Dynamic". Just a guess. Sorry I can not help more....Tim
Timmy answered on November 4, 2012

A
we have a 46 inch and have not experienced the washed out effect that gary alluded to.
DENVER BILL answered on November 4, 2012

A
When I was checking out this TV, I saw a review by a couple of people who apparently spent a fair amount of time documenting the video settings to minimize this issue. Please check all of the reviews in Amazon for the answer, and if it isn't there, do a search for external reviews. I altered my own settings a bit and don't have the problem. NOTE: One of the Amazon reviews I used is titled "Sometimes...Not BEING a Smart TV... is The SMART TV!, June 2, 2012 ."
Nodnyl answered on November 4, 2012

A
The Dymanic or Movie settings seem to be the best. Its a good TV just play around with the settings to find what suits you best.
HoustonDecorator answered on November 5, 2012

A
I have noticed no such problem, close to or far from the unit. The picture, whether faces or otherwise, is remarkable. Anyway, who gets up close to a 40" LED? According to the General Help Info for LED sizes on Amazon, the ideal distance for a 40" LED is about 7 feet from the screen. Your question reminds me of the old joke: A patient goes to the Doctor. The Doctor says: "Hello, how may I help you today?" The patient says: "Doc, it hurts when I do this." The Doctor says: "Well then, don't do that! Okay, that will be $75. Please pay the secretary on the way out." So, if you are changing the individual fine tuning settings, as opposed to the presets, stop. If the presets like "Movie" or "Dynamic" are causing that phenomenon, then you could possibly have a defective set, but I doubt it. If the set is defective, it would be more than just faces that would not appear correct, IMHO. Good luck.
Dragon answered on November 6, 2012

A
I've noticed that the faces are washed out when I view on an angle, but they are ok when viewing it from the "sweet spot." Which panel version did you get?
Tim Urberg answered on March 11, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product