suitable carrying case for P7000 Given all the cases out there with various carrying capabilities, which ones work best with a P7000 with minimal accessories? Padding and protection? Weatherproofness?
asked by Jordean on May 19, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
Frys has an Ape Case AC 145 for about $15 that works well...with no accessories. I put a piece of foam in the bottom of it with a battery sized cutout in the foam so I can carry a second battery.
John T. Gardner answered on December 29, 2011

A
votes
What about the other accessories, Battery, Charger, and other stuff? Or do we have to make separate purchase?
bhp481 answered on January 2, 2012

A
votes
Black Rapid SnapR Point and Shoot Camera Bag and Strap System

I just got one, and It's great, good padding, big side pockets, reasonable size, easy access neat features. I'm very happy with this one and glad I paid the extra money for this. the slide attaching the camera to the shoulder strap is handy also.
Roy Denney answered on January 19, 2012

A
votes
Just got the Case Logic TBC-303 for my P7000. Nice, snug fit. Small pocket in front will hold spare battery. No need to drag along anything else. Bag is nicely padded and slips easily into a purse or anything else to protect the camera. Has a belt loop and carabiner; not that I will ever use, and case can be zipped close with camera strap attached, although the strap will remain on the outside; nice if you just want to sling it around your neck. Case Logic, always a good choice.
M. Rawson answered on February 22, 2012

A
votes
I was looking for a case not to big. The Case Logic QPB-202 EVA fits perfect and you can carry the Nikon P7000 (without the Neck strap) in your belt, or inside a back pack without concerns, because the front hard cover really does the job.

I can't store an extra battery for Nikon P7000 in this case, but you can pack an extra SD card.

Due the P7000 is "heavy" compared to another P&S cameras, The neck strap it is very helpful, I can pack the camera with the neck strap and close the zipper in a 70%, and carry the camera from the neck strap safely. But it looks "weird" and in this case I can't get protection against water.
Raúl Zuluaga answered on March 20, 2012

A
votes
I found an even better case than the one I mentioned above over on eBay. It's listed as a V11 Leather Case 4 Nikon CoolPix P300 AW100 P7000. It's a perfect 'Goldielocks' fit for the P7000 with a side pocket that is just right for an extra battery, nothing else. It's leather and probably not really weatherproof, seems to be a high quality item. The main reason I bought the P7000, aside from a fabulous Amazon price, was to have a compact camera with bells and whistles that would fit in a holster case on my belt. I also have a Sony DSC-HX1 which is smallish for a DSLR, but all the belt loop cases for it are just too large. Even the belt loop on the V11 is tight so the case won't slide off if you should need to unbuckle your belt. Leave your charger in the hotel room and make due with two batteries' capacity of over 600 pictures. Now, what am I going to do with the two other cases I bought that just aren't quite as right as the V11?
John T. Gardner answered on January 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›