Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 22, 2008
This is, hands down, the best makeup I've ever used. I like my make up to be very light yet make me look a lot better than I do. This product erases pores, blends in all the little different colored spots and makes me look much younger than my 61 years.
on July 18, 2007
After about a week there was a noticable change in my skin, it was soft and really looked healthy. People even commented. I use it under the supernatural powder and it is light and great. I do not have perfect skin, in fact I hate my pores, but this looks great!
on August 18, 2008
Goes on very smooth, and only takes a little bit. Leaves a nice, smooth, surface with much smaller-looking pores. Keeps mineral makeup and / or powder from settling unevenly in large pores. Once applied, feels like having nothing on. Doesn't cause my skin to break out, and almost everything causes my skin to break out. The texture takes some getting used to; it's silicone, so it feels slick, but it's not oily. It doesn't do as much as I'd like for the wrinkles under and around my eyes, so don't buy it as a wrinkle concealer, but it's a wonderful sunscreen / pore minimzer that doesn't grease up oily skin.
on August 22, 2011
Hey, Have you ever felt silk? Have you ever felt your face and thought, dang yo, who dat? Now, I'm not a fan of comparing my facial skin to baby bottoms because it seems to encourage the feeling of baby bottoms. But for real, this stuff is amazing. Feel your face right now. How does it feel? Rigid, Bumpy, uneven? Get this stuff. You put it on and everything becomes one. One smooth, and we're talking Ladies Man/Shaft/James Bond smooth, poreless face.

I think the packaging says something about you can use it on its own. Philosophy seems to have this one wrong. Use this as a base. Use this as an SPF. Use this as a pore even-outer. But be prepared to use a little bare minerals over it.

Also, did I mention it lasts forever? Because it almost does. I had a tube for ages. You don't need very much at all to make you that magazine even you know you want. So maybe you should buy it. You might as well.
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
I really like this product. I do not have smooth skin and I have some large pores in my T-zone area. After applying my face feels and appears smoother and the light tint does even out the color although it would not work as a foundation for me. I purchased this product to use as a primer for under the supernatural airbrush canvas powder. I almost like this primer without the powder even on it... but seem to apply the powder anyway. I am 37 and have typical was-out-in-the-sun-my-whole-life skin and i would bet this would be fabulous on younger less damaged skin. I will use this product until something better happens upon the scene, but for right now... i love the stuff!
on September 15, 2008
I had high hopes and, honestly, to an onlooker my makeup looks flawless and photographs well. However, as the wearer, my Supernatural Poreless feels a bit slick and paranoia of needing to hit my pressed powder every 5 minutes starts to settle in...although, again, to an onlooker, my face looks picture perfect. So, I suppose it does hide the flaws, but I'm not a fan of the way it makes my face feel. Note that my skin is somewhat oily in the t-zone area...and for reference, I'm in my mid-30s with generally mild complexion, no acne, but larger pores. The Supernatural does minimize the pores and is a good base for its partner powder/mineral foundation, but I can't get over the oily feeling.
on November 26, 2014
I am a big fan of skin primers and have been searching for the absolute best. I did a test of the following primers on my skin at the same time:
- Chanel - Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminator
- Philosophy - the Present
- Philosophy - the Supernatural
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind
- DHC Velvet Skin Coat

I am 43 years old with medium skin (not oily or dry) with light wrinkles. I was looking for a primer that would help fill in fine lines, smooth out pores, and create a natural-looking base for my make-up. Here are the results I found, in ranked order:

1. Philosophy the Supernatural: Winner. Easy to put on, did the best overall job of meeting my objectives. Very natural and excellent make-up base.
2. Chanel: Silicon-free, which I appreciate. Definitely a great runner-up.
3. Philosophy the Present: I don't love this stuff but it's better than the other two. This requires two full minutes before application of make-up and it didn't make a big difference in my fine lines
4. Maybelline: pure silicon. felt like smoothing on plastic and didn't have great results.
5. DHC Velvet Skin Coat: I hated this. again, pure silicon but three times the price of the Maybelline and not only didn't work well but didn't work well with my moisturizer - created a white residue.
on May 12, 2011
I have oily skin and visible pores. This did a great job of minimizing them and this may sound far-fetched, but I had not one spot of shine on my face. I even accidentally fell asleep wearing it and got up the next morning with no oilyness. This stuff is such a confidence booster. It is a bit orange(I'd say, peachy), as some reviewers indicated, but only if too much is used. Also blending is important, but it blends pretty smooth on its own. Thats why it goes with any skin tone.
Im going to buy some for my mom now and definately will keep coming back. Hope this review helped someone.
on October 29, 2012
The reviews about this product were of two types: amazing or scathing. I couldn't figure out if it would work for me, or not.

Since I love Philosophy's skin care products, I decided to give this a try - but I had reservations. Not about the product's composition, but about its coloration. My skin tone is very light with a yellow undertone, so I was concerned that the tint in this product would not match my skin's tint.

Fortunately, it matches my skin perfectly. Plus, it's VERY LIGHT COVERAGE makes every day wear for a natural look ... well... NATURAL. (cliche for you free of charge!) I even used this for evening wear by applying a matching powder, and I achieved a lovely matte look.

However, if you have a rosy skin tone, DON'T buy this. It'll clash with you.

I love it and will buy more. It makes my skin look ... ha.... FLAWLESS.
on May 20, 2009
This product did not work great for me, though I can see why it would work better for others. I have large pores, so daily use of supernatural actually increases my acne. The color of the product is also more...orange than I was expecting, so as a redhead I have to add a layer of powder to avoid looking sunburned no matter how little I use. If you are a redhead who likes looking tan it might work for you, but I have to stick to the pale. I still use it as a base on special occasions since I paid for it, but once it is gone I won't buy it again.