Does any HDTV support the Ethernet channel in these cables? I have look at all the top HDTV makers and i can't find anyone that supports the eathernet channel. I honestly don't think they ever will. Not when they can make $80 off a wireless LAN adapter.
asked by jujushaller on January 7, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
The TV I bought has Wireless built-in but also provides Wired "Ethernet". All my HDMI to this TV is passing through my Denon Receiver which does not support Ethernet channel. I also don't know which of the connected devices like XBox 360 and PS3 would take Ethernet back.
Cameron Usman answered on July 28, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is for future features. Right now almost all networkable TVs, blue ray players, receivers, etc have a separate ethernet jack AND/OR wireless.

Its my understanding the ethernet in the cable is just for local network among the devices and any connection to the outside world needs wireless or an external ethernet jack.
EmiEmc answered on November 28, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well, I have a Sony Google TV, which has WiFi N built in. My PS3 is connected to it and since it only has G in my room where that reception is not so great I tried to see if I could channel the connection from my TV to the PS3 through this ethernet thing. Didn't work, PS3 said I needed to connect an ethernet cable.

That said, I really don't understand how this ethernet in HDMI thing works, or what TVs or devices are compatible with it. The diagram doesn't help much.
C. Charlton answered on September 22, 2011
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nothing currently uses ethernet over HDMI, and I don't think it will ever catch on. It's too easy to just put wifi in each device. Also, you can get universal wifi adaptors often much cheaper than any specific one.
M. Cooper answered on December 7, 2012
Comments (4) | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product