Could this support kipping pull-ups? I'm a 125lb female so I would think if it could support 300lbs then it could handle my bodyweight swinging on it
asked by Katherine B Sullivan on November 14, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Yes it can, I weigh 150 lbs and it handles my body weight swinging on it.
Matt answered on November 14, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, BUT I won't recommend it. I have the tendency to do kipping too after a few dead-hang pullup and get tired. But I remind myself NOT to do kipping since the bar is not permanently bolted to the frame or anything like that. There is a good chance that it shifts and comes off during as the body swing and may injure you or break something (the bar, the door frame, the door, or anything close by)
circe79 answered on November 14, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It could definitely hold up to 300lbs but I would be hesitant doing a Kipping pull up. The swinging motion might cause it to dislodge it from the frame. A bit of swinging is fine. I do pull ups with leg lifts and it supports me just fine.
MidnightBlue answered on November 17, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Most likely. I am 210lbs and live in an apartment complex that was built before 1960 and there has been no damage to the door frame.
Alec answered on November 15, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think so. I weigh 155. It supports me fine. Only 1 small problem: it'll make minor dents in your door molding. Nobody'll notice except you
durian answered on November 14, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It can easily support your weight and kipping pull ups, the only problem I see is your elbows hitting the door frame as you swing if you have a wide grip
Dennis. answered on November 14, 2012

A
I'm about 150 lb and both me and my partner use it for pullups he is around 200 lb
Bec answered on November 14, 2012

A
It could definitely hold up to 300lbs but I would be hesitant doing a Kipping pull up on it. The swinging motion might cause it to dislodge from the frame. A bit of swinging is fine. I do pull ups with leg lifts and it supports me just fine. So if you want to try it, be careful :)
MidnightBlue answered on November 17, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My guess is yes, but be careful!
Jesse Gibbs answered on November 15, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would say yes.
Pezrock answered on November 15, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product