This was supposed to be $99 according to Microsoft's Press Release This was supposed to be $99 according to Microsoft's Press Release. What give here?
asked by Lajean Keller on June 28, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
That's for the "upgrade" version, this is the "full" version.
Hectic answered on June 28, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Only upgrade version gets the discount.

Upgrade Version = You need to have Vista Installed already and its upgrades Vista to Windows 7. so if you dont have Vista you need the full version which is just regular price.
J. Avecedo answered on June 28, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The promo/discount period was also limited to a certain quantity to be sold. For the US it sold out in just a few hours because word spread so quickly about it beforehand. Don't get your panties in a bunch because you didn't do enough research. There are places who did acurately say that it was a limited offer and to act quickly.
R. Miller answered on August 14, 2009
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
the upgrade works on XP too, although it will make you do a clean install but the upgrade edition will work
Joseph answered on June 29, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you're using Vista, but not Windows 7, you cannot reasonably comment on Windows 7.
JNagarya answered on September 26, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
what a joke then, most articles on the web that talk about this discount DO NOT state that it is for the 'upgrade' version only...

for instance, from http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=218101425 we have this: "But U.S. shoppers who pre-order between June 26th and July 11th will receive discounts of 50% or more, Microsoft said. For instance, Windows 7 Home Premium will sell for $49 during the discount period, while Windows 7 Professional will sell for $99. Participating retailers include Best Buy and Amazon, as well as Microsoft's own online store."

So that is where all the confusion is coming from? All of the articles out there that are not differentiating properly... I am bummed too cause no way am I going to reinstall Vista just to get a discount.. I'm currently using Win 7 RC and figured I would gladly pay $100 for it... But now it looks like I have to pay $300??? Microsoft you are a joke sometimes. Seriously.
Amazon Customer answered on July 1, 2009
Comment | 2 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Must say this...I think we all know by now windows 7 is nothing but Vista fixed...and why we have to pay for the clean up job is beyond my comprehension...I'm running Vista now and seeing more and more problems all the time....files disappear or I should say MOVE from where I placed them..Explorer crashes when if feels like.....LOGON screen shuts down while I'm online if the mouse is not moving....Let me make it clear...Norton which some people don't care for finds EVERYTHING so these's no virus here. VISTA..... is like wachting a horror flick you never know what's comming next !
M. Coles answered on April 16, 2010
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›