what tablet should I buy for my daughter to use with this software. She is an avid manga drawer in paper. Please help
asked by Maribel Reyes on November 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Really just about any sort of graphics tablet will be good, but I would recommend getting her a Wacom brand tablet. Even one of the cheaper Wacom tablets will be better and last longer than most other brands. One of the Wacom Bamboo tablets would be more than adequate for her if she is just learning how to use a graphics tablet. If she's a bit more serious about doing computer art, I would recommend getting her an Intuos- they have a few more features and are a bit more sensitive, but there's no reason to get her one that's more expensive if she's not sure she'll use it.
Good luck! Manga Studio is my favorite program. If she likes to draw comics she will love this software!
Elizabeth Staley answered on November 26, 2012
Comments (4) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How much do you want to spend. If you want to give her the Cadillac of tablets then give her a Wacom Cintiq which has the picture you are drawing right on the tablet, but if you just need a good standard tablet then I would get a Wacom Bamboo. Generally speaking the Wacom Intuos cost twice as much as a Bamboo and don't offer that much to make a difference for a younger person.
Eric answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello, I use a Wacom tablet.odel number PTK-440. The active area on the tablet is 7"x 4 3/8". It works very well for me. They have larger ones and smaller ones, which one you should buy depends on how much money you want to spend. http://www.wacom.com/en/products/pen-tablets/intuos/intuos5-touch-medium is the url for the current model in the medium size @ around $350.oo.
J. Dechant answered on November 26, 2012

A
Manga studio debut (most recent version, easy to use but tricky to learn), photoshop (more tools and options, straight forward, more expensive), or paint tool SAI (hardest to use, least expensive usually, most beautiful results.) usually SAI and Photoshop are best used together.
Ehager answered on November 28, 2012

A
I agree with what Elizabeth said. You can't go wrong with Wacom and they have many different varieties, most which aren't expensive, and she would love it.
J. FELLA answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Here's one consideration: I have a simple Bamboo and a large Intuos. I like to set the tablet up so that it maps to the entire screen, not in mouse mode which forces you to drag the mouse repeatedly across the screen. For this reason, I prefer my Intuos. The large tablet maps to the screen nicer providing a finer degree of control.
A second consideration: buttons. my small bamboo doesn't have buttons - which forces me to rely on my laptop's keyboard. It's not a bad setup, and each person will setup their workstation to their own personal tastes. But buttons on the tablet will give you more flexibility. I find I have to relearn my technique when I switch to the smaller button-less tablet.
Steve S answered on November 26, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It depends on your budget. I recommend Wacom because they're the industry standard brand. If you wanted to get her the best model (and have the money for it), then the cintiq is great for drawing and doubles as a second computer monitor. The intuos is also a good tablet and is popular among artists. Both of these tablets have convenient buttons along the sides which can be customized to perform the functions of buttons on the keyboard (like alt and ctrl) as well as touch strips/rings which can be used to quickly zoom in and out of your work.

Drawing on a tablet is a very different experience to drawing on paper and takes some getting used to. If this is your daughter's first tablet, then it would be best to start with one of the cheaper models. The Wacom Bamboo is a good tablet for learning with, and if she doesn't like it then your money isn't entirely wasted.

Hope this was helpful.
Digi-fish answered on November 26, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It depends on how serious she is. If it's a hobby, take a look at Wacom's Bamboo line. They're affordable, but still decent.
If she's studying art with the intention of making a living, I'd recommend Wacom's Intuos line. They're a bit more expensive than the Bamboo series, but they have some really nice features that Bamboos don't like pen-tilt sensitivity and more tablet buttons.
I would not recommend getting a tablet that isn't a Wacom brand. They tend to be inferior by far compared to Wacom tablets.
Fujiarmu answered on November 27, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product