No tactical game seems to have gotten this right...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 15, 2011 9:58:55 AM PDT
Jase Michel says:
Undo move.

Disgaea has a somewhat nice function in that no move is set in stone until you choose "execute," but even this has it's flaws, depending on the enemy's reaction to your action. Plus it's kind of annoying that if you click 'back' it will move your guy all the way to starting position (for that turn). Still not perfect, but very good. I suppose a "are you sure?" would be nice for executing and ending your turn, and this is where GR:SW shines. I never finish a turn wondering if I forgot something.

FF Tactics A2 has a nice system in that you can undo your move up to the point of action, so if you had an attack planned but once you moved where you planned on moving, realized the attack wouldn't work, you can move back and to a different location instead.

I think GR:SW has a brilliant system in that you click on a character and it shows you where you can move and act, as well as who you can target. At this point you can click on a target to see where would be most beneficial for you to attack from and who can counter. It is a smooth system.

Anyway, thoughts on the 'undo move' function of this and other games?

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 12:27:55 PM PDT
Facelord says:
I had to obsessively save after nearly every round in the Advance Wars titles, back before I had the game mastered; now I don't really have that issue, but it was still really annoying. An undo move function would be wonderful in most strategy games, but obviously it'd only work in single-player games and in games that don't care about trying to be as 'hardcore' as possible.

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 11:19:44 AM PDT
JCJ says:
In games with fog of war it doesn't work to undo even if your moves find no new units, you have gained information. It's been awhile since I played the older AW games, but in the newest on which I'm playing now an undo feature would change the game not just be a nice convenience.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 9:50:35 AM PDT
Well, the new Tactics Ogre game for the PSP allows you to undo up to 50 moves... perhaps that's what you're looking for.

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 12:39:25 AM PDT
A. Schmitt says:
Undo would be far to overpowered even in single player.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 12:13:18 PM PST
Rob says:
And it pulls it off perfectly. I have enough self discipline to limit it to legitimate errors (I get excited). It's also great for the 1 hr+ battles where 1 mistake leads to defeat.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 15, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars by UBI Soft (Nintendo 3DS)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (103)